You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Few Hands - 40nl

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Oppo had been very aggresive, especially in position, right or wrong i think he is capable of bluffing his stack off.

ClungeFlikSmall blind £0.25£0.25£45.00richteaBig blind £0.50£0.75£80.69SAMMY103Big blind £0.50£1.25£29.50 Your hole cards1010   KKripplerRaise £2.00£3.25£53.21SAMMY103Fold    victorrezzRaise £6.50£9.75£40.82ClungeFlikFold    richteaFold    KKripplerCall £4.50£14.25£48.71Flop  Q29   KKripplerCheck    victorrezzCheck    Turn  9   KKripplerCheck    victorrezzBet £14.25£28.50£26.57KKripplerCall £14.25£42.75£34.46River  2   KKripplerCheck    victorrezzAll-in £26.57£69.32£0.00KKripplerCall £26.57£95.89£7.89KKripplerShow1010   victorrezzShowKQ   victorrezzWinTwo Pairs, Queens and 9s£94.09 £94.09
Might be a pretty standard hand, but when the oppenent reraises the flop, can we ever fold here, or have we invested too much to fold.

yRaise £1.50£2.25£36.75richteaFold    xRaise £3.00£5.25£15.09KKripplerRaise £7.00£12.25£41.14cityblue66Fold    littlela02Fold    yCall £5.50£17.75£31.25xCall £4.00£21.75£11.09Flop  <span style="padding-top:0px;padding-rig

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Hand 1:  check flop pots turn.  I'd be suspicious also.  But I think if you track it back it makes sense your beat here.  Pot bet would prob get me to call also online (only bullet on flop, unlikely river).  Live I prob fold tho.  Dont think he fires river w/out it.

Got to tell you bud, from other hands you've posted I get the sneaky suspicion your being lead round by your nose a bit.  Opponent plays it as though he knows your going to pay him off light or bluff hard at it.  Combined with your other threads it seems like youre opponent knows your going to pay them off allday long, one way or other.  Dont mean that to sound rude and could be totally wrong.  Its just a vibe I get from all your threads.

Hand 2.  Nice to get there.  Think we can raise bigger pre, especially with the image that I think you've given self, massively especially OTB.  Only £20 back on flop?  Am never folding to re raise as played given stacks and price.

Hand 3.  I like the flat out of SB.  Dont really like inflating these pots oop, plus we can play it trcky when we've kept in worse hands.  Dont mind flat, dont mind 3 bet, going to depend mostly on opponent.  I def lead turn, since he didnt bet for us on flop, around 3 quarter pot, as is we lose min on river.  NH
  • edited March 2012
    Maybe players are taking advantage of me, im not really sure. Think im posting alot recently cause i feel im being outplayed by certain players.

I am never calling the 10,10 hand against unknown, just felt oppo was playing super wide, nd his check on the flop surprised me. Think I fold the 10,10 hand the majority of the time by the river.
  • edited March 2012
    Seems like your outplaying yourself to me bud.  You obv think creatively, which is far more than most.  But I think your expecting your oppo's to take the same lines you would in spots, which leads to you massively outlevelling self.

Put post its round your screen with your biggest leaks. 

Doesnt seem to me your losing because your a station, or that your picking ridic dumb spots to get aggro in.  You get involved with the 10s because you know you'd barrell, so think they are likely to.  Some of the other hands, where you are raising light IP on turn to jam river as backup?  Tis spewy-ish, but its way above alot of the people that are beating you are thinking.  Its chess not checkers.  1pr is the nuts on river to a wide spectrum of players, particularly when knowing opponent has tendancy to put you to test.  Lol, 1pr is nuts to tonne of players period :p

Think if you toned it down abit, lowered the frequency, youd be fine.  If people are expecting you to buy the pot on later streets you are naturally going to get called down lighter.
  • edited March 2012
    Pocket 10s vs opponent 1 is pretty strong imo, ive come across him a few times in my nl40/50 adventures. Given you know hes laggish, did you not think about 4 betting pre flop for value.

As the hand plays out, I would think im beaten by the river. His range smacks of aq, kq, high pockets even a set. 

I wouldnt enjoy putting the hand down but im not calling that river. Theres always a better spot against this sort of player. 
  • edited March 2012
    hand 1, fold to 3-bet or 4-bet-get it in(oppo dependant,), dont call oop unless villain is weak pst-flop, just gets tricky when you flat. As played i might find a fold on the turn(pot betting is huge tell imo), if i call turn i call river.

hand 2, I would 4-bet bigger, but theres nothing really wrong with you'r size tbh, flop played well imo.

Hand 3, Oppo dependant but i 3-bet most of the time here, make sure you mix up you'r play on the Sb its normally the spot where you range might be at its narrowest! Check flop is ok imo, I dont mind a lead on the turn, or as played definitely c/r there's very little in the pot for villain to bluff into on the river(if you ever think he is), raising is best imo you get so much value from weaker made hands when he doesn't believe you, this defo works if you bluff a lot anyways, as played i prob call~ might fold depends if player is tight(or known well), but if it bricked c/r would be nice. 
  • edited March 2012
    in hand 1 what would you of done if he cbet the flop 2/3 pot and what would you of done if he potted the flop?
  • edited March 2012
    In Hand 1, my feeling at the time was that i was not going to be bet of the hand.

I thought the oppo was doing this with any two cards nd maybe in hindsight the checked back flop ip should of alerted me.

I think he c-bets any missed flop 100% of the time here. Maybe I should of 4 bet pre against this player?Or just find a better spot?
  • edited March 2012
    1 4b/c pre, as played sizing is very weird river is prob a fold, think he more likely to just barrell flop and turn if hes bluffing

2 nh

3 bet turn, river ok I think. Reads pretty important here, its a fold v some villains