You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Standard or Not?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Oppo is a pretty tight player, havent seen him bluff much n think he is incapable of doing the below play without an overpair.

Against a tight player is it good or bad play too get it in here, the min rr pre has to be called surely.

Your hole cardsJA   KKripplerRaise £1.20£1.80£40.61vRaise £2.80£4.60£40.55richteaFold    whitesnakeCall £2.40£7.00£11.28KKripplerCall £1.60£8.60£39.01Flop  965   whitesnakeCheck    KKripplerCheck    vBet £4.30£12.90£36.25whitesnakeFold    KKripplerRaise £11.60£24.50£27.41vAll-in £36.25£60.75£0.00KKripplerAll-in £27.41£88.16£0.00tatoheadUnmatched bet £1.54£86.62£1.54KKripplerShowJA   vShowKK   Turn  10   River  5  

Comments

• edited March 2012
    If you feel confident he has an overpair raising flop doesnt make any sense, as you dont have two overs with your NFD. 

Dont get me wrong dont hate it, but we are always getting it AIOF when we raise and he comes back at us on a coinflip.

If we think his range is two overs we can do it different.  But we are always going to get it in behind with zero FE needing to improve with the strong read he has preemyPP.  If we are content to flip a BI its fine tho.  Think he'll still pay you when a random spade falls when we opt to do it the insured way, given your RAGE :P  But as he'll never fold flop I flat.

FWIW without the strong read he has a preemyPP I likely play hand same way, but with the belief we can prob pick it up on turn vs overs when we dont make our hand, but still being willing to get it in on flop if we do opt to raise.

EDIT:  Oh and Doh, yes I think I must have been having a blonde moment that day.......
  • edited March 2012
    Not a min-3bet
  • edited March 2012
    against a tight player snapfold pre

as played I think postflop is fine, even if he always gets it in when we raise, but he should fold sometimes