You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

River Decision...

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Guy an aggro Donk (not so much pre, but through the streets over bets, shoves into small pots etc) , calling from the Sb surprised me a little,i check the turn because i cant put him on a hand that i beat that calls flop and turn with, and i think i gain greater value from vbetting the river taking this line, strangely as expected he shoves the river!! (He has shoved twice in this session on the river but was never called),.. So here im a little confused.......I feel like folding...........but do i call or fold?

Seat 2 is the button
Seat 2: Hero ( $51.75 USD ) - 
Seat 3: Villain ( $52.46 USD ) - VPIP: 36, PFR: 28, 3B: 7, AF: 1.7, Hands: 86
Seat 4: BB ( $50.00 USD ) - 
Seat 5: UTG ( $50.00 USD ) -

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Kc Kd 

UTG raises to $1.37, Hero raises to $4.50(btn), Villain calls $4.50(sb), 2 folds.

Flop: ($10.87)  [ 3d, 2c, Td ]   (2 players)  Villain  checks, Hero bets $7.50,  Villain  calls $7.50

Turn: ($25.87)    [ 2s ]    Villain  checks, Hero checks

River: ($25.87)   [ Qs ]   Villain  bets $40.46(is all in),  Hero ????

Comments

• edited March 2012
    u hav KK, on that board, unless i hav misread, ur only losing to a set or trip 2's

I hav to call here- like never folding here, ever.
  • edited March 2012
    if you play it this way, break your mouse calling
  • edited March 2012

I put this guy on 33 or 1010, hence the river decision, cold calling from the SB is a huge tell, and i would suspect that the majority of his calling range in this spot will mainly be of pocket pairs, and i doubt he ever has a flush draw the way the hand played out, so cant see many bluffs on the river!

So i dont think this is ever a snap call. I did smell a rat on the flop tbh(timing tell possibly). As i was going to fold the river, i checked his hud stats and this made me think he could shove with worse, i tanked mainly thinking i was beat, due to over thinking this hand i called ....and to my surprise he showed 1010 lol, resulting in very bad call by me.

• edited March 2012
    Overthinking it.

Good call

Unlucky.
  • ybyb
    edited March 2012
    you're losing so much value not betting that turn