You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Don's general Knowledge quiz

edited March 2012 in The Shed
OK i need all 10 answers from people. Even if you don't know just answer to the question "pass" or "dont know" this is just so i can give each person a mark out of 10, as not to give answers away for others.

If you want to know what answers you got right or wrong just ask and ill pm you.

Just basic general knowledge. Ive tried to split up most things so that the same subject shouldn't come up twice keeping it fair for all.

1. In what year did rebellions finally stop after the Norman Conquest?

2. Who is Robert Matthew Van Winkle better know as? 

3.  What is the capital city of Suriname?

4. In the Inbetweeners, Simon's Dad bought him a Fiat, but what Engine size was the car?

5. In football, Mario Zagallo can claim to have won more World Cup Medals than any other person, in a number of different roles. How many does he have?

6. What was the biggest selling film released in 2010?

7. Anagram "Treks Pork You" is what?

8. What is Pi equal to?

9. What Science would an Aerodynamics expert most likley have studied?

10. Northern Rock reportedly paid back £2bn within 2011 to the British Government. How much are they reportedly still due? (To the nearest full billion)

Comments

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Don's general Knowledge quiz:
    1, 1066 and a half 2, the fonz o rella 3, Christianname 4, Tall Apache 5, Whats football ? 6, Who wants to be a Millionaire  7, Walks beef me  8, Two GregHogg's 9, Apple Growing 10,  Three Moon landings   Easy Peasy
    Posted by logdon
    +1 and a half xxx
  • edited March 2012
    Hi Don,   Nice try, but your in the Shed now so don't expect any sensible answers in here.  Even Oy won't venture in here anymore,  he's become far to sensible now,  being a "Banker"........... in Bankroll Management that is.  He's that sensible now he even went off to save the Euro by playing away.  "Gonna snitch on him to his Julie."!  The Sheds a no go Area for the Boys as their frightened of my girlie pink curtains and nets in the windows and the wipe you feet door mat before you come in,  to even consider popping in here.  So if you want sensible answers then try Area 51 better known as hang yourself out to dry corner.?  By the way how did I do ........... did I get them all right.!!  If you want the rabbits to thump you need to offer a carrot.?  Hugs Annie xxx      
    Posted by logdon
    haha no worries annie, loads of these go on in the football corner but realised there'd never been much of a general knowledge quizz. The Shed seems the only place it would fit.

Meh i tried to share a second passion with everyone.

Ty fr at least looking lol. :)

And i cant afford prizes lol.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Don's general Knowledge quiz : Football Corner thats my no go area.! Pleased that Ive not upset you by being frivolous and condescending.  My little Devil sits on my shoulder nibbling at my ear to remind me she's still there. I try to ignore her but its very difficult to resist.  Your Title Thread said General Knowledge and really it should have said obscure knowledge.  If the answers make their brain hurt they wont bother.  Poker related Questions will always attract.    Good Luck.  Have you tried to win a place in the Primo with the Caption Short Story Competition.  Worth a try what do you think.  Hurry up ?   
    Posted by logdon
    wiritng a short story isnt exactly my strong point. All my caracters have strong scottish accents, and by the time ive done the opening paragraph its 4 pages long.

I was trying to make it hard but not to hard. lol

ty for input will put a simpler one up next time. xx
  • edited March 2012
    Ill have ago

1 1746
    2 Vanilla ice
    3. Paramaribo
    4. 900 cc
    5. 4
    6. Toy Story 3
    7. ????
    8. 3.14159265
    9. Physics
    10. 8.2 billion

Now that shows what a sad bas t ard I am on a Saturday night.

i already had my sermon written 

Father V
  • edited March 2012
    Ill have ago 1 1746 2 Vanilla ice 3. Paramaribo 4. 900 cc 5. 4 6. Toy Story 3 7. ???? 8. 3.14159265 9. Physics 10. 8.2 billion Now that shows what a sad bas t ard I am on a Saturday night. i already had my sermon written  Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    7/10

very good effort.