You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beats all the time

I would like to start by saying sorry to everyone i have insulted and been a total douch bag too at the tables ( coz i could not take losing ). The thing is how do i get out of my head that this site could be fixed >?. yesterday i was on a cash table and in my first 20 hands i would say, i got 4 pocket aces and 2 pocket kings. ( everytime there was huge smile on my face when i see these, but by the end the facial expressions always changed), anyways on most of these i ended up all in pre flop and was always seen, out of these six great pre flop hands i only ever won once and that was with pocket kings, when i hit another king on flop, to give me 3 of a kind, as you can imagine getting pocket aces about 4 times in your first 20 hands at a cash table, you think wow is it fi xed coz im getting them so many times>? + could it be fi xed coz i lose every single time with them >?, the worst beat was when someone called my all in pre flop with a2 and i had ace ace, i went all in with around £15, the flop comes (345) so straight for then obviously, what makes me soooo mad is the call from them pre flop.

People say to me well if you think its fixed, dont play then( very fair comments ) but i love everything about this site with the forum, tournaments, sng, cash tables, the lay out is all so perfect.

Basically what im getting at is, does anyone have any sort of advice on how i can control my anger when having a bad beat, and explain to me how i can lose so many times with pocket aces >? am i better of playing pocket 22s ? lol  or should i just give up and think this site dont like me >?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Blame Tikay not yr oppo and then you can feel better. Everyone has a pop at him or Richard Orford.
  • edited March 2012
    Learn how to say "SSSSIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

rather than "Fc*^@~ As$* Ta*-^+^ Mo^**&^"
  • edited March 2012
    what makes me soooo mad is the call from them pre flop

This is the key sentence, there is nothing you can do about the idiots, and they get lucky which just increases the frustration. My AA just got snapped off, 5 left in a satelite, 2 seats and i shove for 8k. called by J5 sooted............... when i told him about himself he said he had pot odds..500/1k blinds plus my shove..........

you can spell wanka like this and the chat accepts it!
  • edited March 2012
    Forda- answer this question. If you could see the cards pre flop, would  you want him to call with J5? If the answer is yes, then be pleased that he called and just sigh a little  when you get outdrawn.
  • edited March 2012
    My best advice i know alot of people say it i fu lose with aces and u have played the hand correctly in other words not giving people free cards and letting people hit cheap to suck out on u and your bet sizing is correct maybe post a couple of hands maybe i could giv u some advice anyway back to what u would do if lost a pot and feel tilted what i do now as i had same problem as u is i take a break for an hour have a cuppa tea relax watch some telly listen some music whatever to cheer ya up sounds silly but lil things like this is a big step in the right way i learnt now not to tilt when i lost 2 -3 buy ins on 20 nl i used to go on the roullette try and get my money back in 5 minutes never works out like that end up losing another 100 quid or so not any mor i am more controlled more disciplined it takes a while to grasp this and any reg on this site will tell u the hardest thing to do is be disciplined with your bankroll and if u lose a few buy ins dnt let it affect u mentally aswell as physically souns a cliche but poker is never ending it will never go away so if u feel tilted have a break u will never make money on tilt or if your tired etc hope my advice is a good help to you from steve aka idonkcallu 
  • edited March 2012
    hi Grispino,
    i had similar once,
    lost with aa kk qq 7 times @nl10
    getting money all-in pre-flop.
    lost £70.
    so i do know how u r feeling.
    what did i do?
    firstly;
    stopped playing nl10
    as losing £10 each time when u r getting your money in a good favourite
    is just a joke.
    secondly;
    decided to play some dym,s,
    as you are at worst 50/50
    before a card is even dealt.
    thirdly;
    went back to nl4,
    for a while,as losing £4 in comparison,i could live with.

i recently had another attempt @ nl4
    but so many times i was getting money in good 
    and simply getting out-drawn...again.
    i did make a profit but i just find it hard work
    and so frustrating.....all the time.

so now only playing dym,s again,
    winning nicely.
    no worries  about getting out-drawn
    as i know exactly what it is going to cost me.
    and trust me ,it,s not £10 each time!!!!lol

my advice,
    don,t get it all-in pre-flop,
    as it is not a winning play.
    re assess post -flop,
    as 9 times out of 10 u haven,t improved your hand
    and your opponent certainly has.
    also,
    don,t get excited when u do get dealt those big pairs,
    treat them as though they are a pocket pair 77
    or 88,etc
    and play them accordingly.
    that,s the best advice i can give you.

or,
    you could just fold them,
    but,that,s a bit drastic.

:)
    good luck,
    devon
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Bad beats all the time:
    hi Grispino, i had similar once, lost with aa kk qq 7 times @nl10 getting money all-in pre-flop. lost £70. so i do know how u r feeling. what did i do? firstly; stopped playing nl10 as losing £10 each time when u r getting your money in a good favourite is just a joke. secondly; decided to play some dym,s, as you are at worst 50/50 before a card is even dealt. thirdly; went back to nl4, for a while,as losing £4 in comparison,i could live with. i recently had another attempt @ nl4 but so many times i was getting money in good  and simply getting out-drawn...again. i did make a profit but i just find it hard work and so frustrating.....all the time. so now only playing dym,s again, winning nicely. no worries  about getting out-drawn as i know exactly what it is going to cost me. and trust me ,it,s not £10 each time!!!!lol my advice, don,t get it all-in pre-flop, as it is not a winning play. re assess post -flop, as 9 times out of 10 u haven,t improved your hand and your opponent certainly has. also, don,t get excited when u do get dealt those big pairs, treat them as though they are a pocket pair 77 or 88,etc and play them accordingly. that,s the best advice i can give you. or, you could just fold them, but,that,s a bit drastic. :) good luck, devon
    Posted by devonfish5

Surely with aces and kings you wanna get it all in pre flop if you can though? don't undertand how managing to get all the chips in the middle with aces cannot be a winning play? 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Bad beats all the time : Surely with aces and kings you wanna get it all in pre flop if you can though? don't undertand how managing to get all the chips in the middle with aces cannot be a winning play? 
    Posted by waller02
    +1.Slow playing big hands=carnage!!!!
  • edited March 2012
    hi Grispino, i had similar once, lost with aa kk qq 7 times @nl10 getting money all-in pre-flop. lost £70. so i do know how u r feeling. what did i do? firstly; stopped playing nl10 as losing £10 each time when u r getting your money in a good favourite is just a joke. secondly; decided to play some dym,s, as you are at worst 50/50 before a card is even dealt. thirdly; went back to nl4, for a while,as losing £4 in comparison,i could live with. i recently had another attempt @ nl4 but so many times i was getting money in good  and simply getting out-drawn...again. i did make a profit but i just find it hard work and so frustrating.....all the time. so now only playing dym,s again, winning nicely. no worries  about getting out-drawn as i know exactly what it is going to cost me. and trust me ,it,s not £10 each time!!!!lol my advice, don,t get it all-in pre-flop, as it is not a winning play. re assess post -flop, as 9 times out of 10 u haven,t improved your hand and your opponent certainly has. also, don,t get excited when u do get dealt those big pairs, treat them as though they are a pocket pair 77 or 88,etc and play them accordingly. that,s the best advice i can give you. or, you could just fold them, but,that,s a bit drastic. :) good luck, devon
    Posted by devonfish5
    you are joking right?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Bad beats all the time:
    I would like to start by saying sorry to everyone i have insulted and been a total douch bag too at the tables ( coz i could not take losing ). The thing is how do i get out of my head that this site could be fixed />?. yesterday i was on a cash table and in my first 20 hands i would say, i got 4 pocket aces and 2 pocket kings. ( everytime there was huge smile on my face when i see these, but by the end the facial expressions always changed), anyways on most of these i ended up all in pre flop and was always seen, out of these six great pre flop hands i only ever won once and that was with pocket kings, when i hit another king on flop, to give me 3 of a kind, as you can imagine getting pocket aces about 4 times in your first 20 hands at a cash table, you think wow is it fi xed coz im getting them so many times>? + could it be fi xed coz i lose every single time with them >?, the worst beat was when someone called my all in pre flop with a2 and i had ace ace, i went all in with around £15, the flop comes (345) so straight for then obviously, what makes me soooo mad is the call from them pre flop. People say to me well if you think its fixed, dont play then( very fair comments ) but i love everything about this site with the forum, tournaments, sng, cash tables, the lay out is all so perfect. Basically what im getting at is, does anyone have any sort of advice on how i can control my anger when having a bad beat, and explain to me how i can lose so many times with pocket aces >? am i better of playing pocket 22s ? lol   or should i just give up and think this site dont like me >?
    Posted by Grispino
    C+P from your profile lol!!!!!

Rate your poker?: Eight ♦ Eight ♠ - Warm
    How long have you been playing poker?: About 1 year
    Your best poker moment?: Best poker moment would have to be winning a 9.30 pm bounty hunter which i saterlited into
    One piece of poker advice?: Patience and don't TILT