You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sharkscope???

Can anyone give me a link where i can download this for free please?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    It's a website, not an application.  You are allowed 5 free searches per day, after that you need to pay to subscribe.  Google it for the address.
  • edited November 2009
    www.sharkscope.com

if you need help using it ,

i will help you ,

just search for my name on sky ,

uasualy in deepstacks .
  • edited November 2009
    only  gives  u yhe stats  on  tourneys   but  not  cash
  • edited November 2009
    Is use of Sharkscope allowed by Sky?

Some online poker rooms, Poker Stars for example, have banned it.

I often use my 5 free searches to check-out opponents and keep notes accordingly, but I don't want to break any rules.
  • edited November 2009

As sharkscope does not attach itself to your tables on sky, it is ok to use.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sharkscope???:
    Is use of Sharkscope allowed by Sky? Some online poker rooms, Poker Stars for example, have banned it. I often use my 5 free searches to check-out opponents and keep notes accordingly, but I don't want to break any rules.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Pokerstars has not banned it, If you send them 2c they display your stats publicly.
  • edited November 2009
    essential piece of equipment,,,,,

always use it,,

The ROI is the important stat,,not the rank,,,it rates me about 75-80 on most sites,,load of SSSHH,,imo..

roi,,BE ALL AND END ALL  
  • edited November 2009
    As sharkscope does not attach itself to your tables on sky, it is ok to use.
    Posted by Hale72
    OK, thanks.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sharkscope??? : Pokerstars has not banned it, If you send them 2c they display your stats publicly.
    Posted by LadyFingrs

http://www.sportsbettingencyclopedia.com/sharkscope-banned.html
  • edited November 2009
    search "2Wisdomy" on stars, guarentee my stats are public
  • edited November 2009
    stars recently allowed sharkscope to be used and stats recorded upon payment of the 2c fee.
  • edited November 2009
    search "2Wisdomy" on stars, guarentee my stats are public
    Posted by LadyFingrs

Very impressive! 

Cool, so Sharkscope is fine to use everywhere, that's sounds good to me.

Thanks guys.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sharkscope??? : Very impressive!  Cool, so Sharkscope is fine to use everywhere, that's sounds good to me. Thanks guys.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Hi Guys
    Just remember one thing though, if you are trying to discuss a fellow player on Sky, then it is frowned upon to use their sharkscope records to do this, as it doesnt take everything into account.

col
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sharkscope??? : Hi Guys Just remember one thing though, if you are trying to discuss a fellow player on Sky, then it is frowned upon to use their sharkscope records to do this, as it doesnt take everything into account. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I saw something about this yesterday when somebody said that webby should have altered a name on a sharkscope post he made. Whilst your correct and you shouldn't mug somebody off about their cash play if your referance is sharkscope, i can not see a reason for altering names on sharkscope post's etc as this is information in the public domain available for free to every player. in fact there are magazines that print peoples sharkscope graphs with names to take the mick (and praise when they are fantastic of course). Not saying people should start taking the mick out of graphs on here. Just making the point that this is not protected information and therefore as long as used with common courtesy and manners i see no reason to alter peoples names on this
  • edited November 2009

Using sharkscope used to trash my game... I Do NOT recommend it!

Good players will attempt to make steals in position vs shorter stacks, so do you fold to their every raise? no! you cant fold because of a reputation, you'll get blinded out! 
    Bad players can also get the nuts from time to time!! do you put them on a weak hand? you can't! even i get hands like AA from time to time!!  
    Play your own game and if you use sharkscope, It may help you if a good player goes all in preflop out of position and your holding AQ but that to me is a fold anyway (in many situations!)

You also have to consider, It's only the tip of an iceburg of a players history! sharkscope doesn't cover cash games, live games, STT's or MTT's pre march 08 or link up other accounts from other sites!

Use it as a rough guide, not a bible!

• edited November 2009

Sharkscope's T & C's say.....

Use of data from site to abuse other players is unacceptable. We will refuse to accept new subscription requests from persons reported doing this. Current subscribers guilty of abusive use of the statistics may have their subscriptions immediately terminated with no refund, at our discretion. Any player found to be using the statistics within this database to abuse other players will also forfeit their option to a block of their own data.

Material from (the Site) any other World Wide website owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by "CJM Solutions, LLC" may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded
    , posted or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of CJM Solutions, LLC.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sharkscope??? : I saw something about this yesterday when somebody said that webby should have altered a name on a sharkscope post he made. Whilst your correct and you shouldn't mug somebody off about their cash play if your referance is sharkscope, i can not see a reason for altering names on sharkscope post's etc as this is information in the public domain available for free to every player. in fact there are magazines that print peoples sharkscope graphs with names to take the mick (and praise when they are fantastic of course). Not saying people should start taking the mick out of graphs on here. Just making the point that this is not protected information and therefore as long as used with common courtesy and manners i see no reason to alter peoples names on this
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    well for one thing sharkscope does not include cash play
    col
  • edited November 2009
    Absolutely, but I rarely play cash, it's mostly STTs with a few MTTs thrown in for me. Sharkscope doesn't show bonuses earned either.

Sharkscope tells you nothing about how your opponent might play, but sometimes it's useful to know whether you are sitting opposite a regular with +10% ROI or one of the many others showing -20% or worse. It's certainly info worthy of adding to your notes.

Anyway, it's good fun being a bit nosey sometimes too!
  • edited November 2009
    Its also not entirely accurate in dealing with satellites, eg twice last week I won £2.40 satellites into the £1500 bounty hunter games.  I then proceeded to play like a lemon in both 'main events' and walked away with nothing from either.  Sharkscope shows me as losing £22 as it took 11 quid entry from each bh, when in reality I actually only lost £4.80.  So don't believe everything you read!  I'm sure there's more shortcomings.