You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker sucks for bad beats

edited November 2009 in Area 51
I disagree. my experience on Poker tables has been more or less the same as when I play live.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    have been playing on here for ages now and this as got to be one of the worse sites for bad beats,everytime your up against chipleader they nail you on the river ,very bad cold decking so sky get their rakes in.who else has unbelieveable beats time and time again...dont think i will be depositing again to me this site is a fix just to keep getting the rakes in more money you bet in the pot the bigger the rake ,
  • edited November 2009
    nope play a lot of sites,

sky is best place for good players to learn,

bad beats are building blocks ,

maybe you should note this .

• edited November 2009
    dont  agree with  u there  maark  bill    i  think  its  the   players  they  will  not  lay  down  there  draws    go  all  the  way  to  the  river  no  matter  what  the  cost
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sky poker sucks for bad beats:
    nope play a lot of sites, sky is best place for good players to learn, bad beats are building blocks , maybe you should note this .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
      HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING WITH YOUR KIDS LEGO AGAIN ???
  • edited November 2009
    Does this not go into area 51 with all the other loonies ??
  • edited November 2009

sounds like you should keep away from the chipleaders .they are chipleader for a reason,either very good players or on a hotstreak, or a combination of both.   dont think sky care who wins the hand they still get the rake

• edited November 2009
    This person is now in the right place!! ;) it's the best palce to play poker online by a country mile!
  • edited November 2009
    There are bad beats on any online site or live. Its how you handle bad beats which makes the difference. I must say i did used to get wound up with bad beats, which made me play even worse.

I now like 2 just laught it off and move on to the nxt hand. I havent looked back since.

Gl at the tbs, and just remember the nxt bad beat is just round the corner, lol, Ozzie
  • edited November 2009
    There are bad beats on any online site or live. Its how you handle bad beats which makes the difference. I must say i did used to get wound up with bad beats, which made me play even worse. I now like 2 just laught it off and move on to the nxt hand. I havent looked back since. Gl at the tbs, and just remember the nxt bad beat is just round the corner, lol, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
     spoken like a true pro m8,its only a "GAME"

p.s. nice to see your nag win last nite m8,wot a run your having,keep it up.may the flop be with you.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: sky poker sucks for bad beats :  spoken like a true pro m8,its only a "GAME"   p.s. nice to see your nag win last nite m8,wot a run your having,keep it up.may the flop be with you.
    Posted by fitzer14
    Thnx m8 yes im doing alrite at the moment, but i still get bad beats. Wot am i saying  there is no such thing as a bad beat.

A nice double with that nag as well, happy days
  • edited November 2009
    Bad beats happen. Get over it or get your coat. No skin off my nose either way
  • edited November 2009
    definately found more players on this site will play to the river regardless. I have even seen people go all in 7 2 off suit and hit 2 pair on the river, losing me my KK. This is despite me raising 4 times bb and going all in. people are strange.
  • edited November 2009
    Sky might seem bad because you look upon your time on other sites with rose tinted glasses But if you move and play somewhere else you will see in their forum that it's so fixed and only on this site etc. Honestly trawl around each site and the comments are always the same
  • edited November 2009
    it's poker...get used to it...nothing wrong with this site :D
  • edited November 2009
    Bad beats do no exist.
    You are only lending them your chips until you get them back with interest in another game.
  • edited November 2009
    have you considered the possibility that there might be a few closet nutters on the site?

i know it's a long shot, but i have heard tell of this phenomenon on earth

rest assured though, there are none on the dark side of the moon, and there are none on Uranus
  • edited November 2009
    What are you doing up at this time you nutter?
  • edited November 2009
    have a go at the 2.20 buy in deep stacks mate--you can ride a few bad beats without losing ya stash,--and you wont be worried about the rake---cash tables are a very bad place to start---dont worry about the integrity of sky poker mate, that road is going nowhere--this is the best site you will find out there, and it,s 100% trustworthy, i can assure you---this is why a lot of people mock these threads, they simply cannot see where you are coming from---hope you give it a proper chance, so that natural variance evens out and you start winning-----floppa whoppa---oynutter
  • edited November 2009
    hi elsa--jjjeeezzz--what kind of question is that?!!!----you never met a nutter or sumfink?
  • edited November 2009
    Hi m8..........I'm up with a throbber what's your excuse. (Throbbing hand that is)
  • edited November 2009
    I was up all night last night trying to sort out a mobile broadband connection--so now cant sleep---i found one spot in the garden where there's a signal. but its only 1 square inch big---nightmare--got it a few times, but cant find a solid enough connection for poker

• edited November 2009
    Wow thats what I call dedication. Do you have a network router or is your landline down?

Anyway, painkillers have kicked in now so off to bed again. Take care m8.
  • edited November 2009
    landline!--you avin a larf? --we been promised landline broadband here for 4 years--lol--can only get dongle--i had 6 months worth of updates to download coz cant do it when trying to play poker 70mb--would have taken a few days on dial up speed--lol---nite m8
  • edited November 2009
    BAD BEATS

Hmmmm....something to do with RNG ...and electronic dealing cannot ...and is not real dealing ...im afraid!

Dont play, online poker unless its free! I have a few grand spread over about 20 odd sites...never deposit! I just ride on the backs of those that do deposit and subsidise folk like me! Im a poker parasite if you like!

Oh, and i take the bad beats to ...i just dont have to pay for the privilege of it costing me hard earnt cash !

The reloaders cant be that good if they keep having to reload!  Muppets deposit! The real players are like me ...the "freerollers"

hahahahah
  • edited November 2009
    There are bad beats on any online site or live. Its how you handle bad beats which makes the difference. I must say i did used to get wound up with bad beats, which made me play even worse. I now like 2 just laught it off and move on to the nxt hand. I havent looked back since. Gl at the tbs, and just remember the nxt bad beat is just round the corner, lol, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    bad beats ? just a part of the game lol like winning if u win lol
  • edited November 2009
    Hi m8..........I'm up with a throbber what's your excuse. (Throbbing hand that is)
    Posted by elsadog
    lol you beter get a girlfreind dude to spend time with as poker is out of the window lol