You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 - lines & spew

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Oppo is a name I know but not sure why :S Think oppo is more of an HU player
Seems capable, lets just tag oppo as "solid" because I have not seen oppo do anything else

opt to flat pre because of UTG raise and feel my way through the hand

Opnions on all streets and is river just spew
Gonna be repping any heart turn or river :S

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
naughty1 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £4.61
rancid Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.04
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

solid Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £17.62
Grafix Fold        
moorey4 Fold        
naughty1 Call   £0.25 £0.70 £4.36
rancid Call   £0.20 £0.90 £9.84
Flop

• Q

naughty1 Bet   £0.10 £1.00 £4.26
rancid Call   £0.10 £1.10 £9.74
solid Raise   £0.80 £1.90 £16.82
naughty1 Fold        
rancid Call   £0.70 £2.60 £9.04
Turn

rancid Check        
solid Bet   £1.80 £4.40 £15.02
rancid Call   £1.80 £6.20 £7.24
River

rancid All-in   £7.24 £13.44 £0.00
solid

Comments

• edited March 2012

pre fine, not sure about the flop tbh, c/r Turn or fold imo, There's no implied odds when you hit you'r straight, nor the price to call esp if villain is a nit.

River is interesting, there's no point in bluffing an oppo that just looks at his own cards, and does not think for a second what you are holding. So you are repping the flush(it seems plausible tbf) but i dont think villain is ever folding any made hand e.g kq, aq and other combos that may hit that board on NL10.

You need to adopt the Solid mentality m8, NL10 is easily crushed if you play solid, play position, take you'r oppo to value town with made hands, fold in marginal spots, know who you are playing against, theres no need for fancy bluffing at these levels imho.

• edited March 2012
    flop is tricky, ok I think though

fold turn imo, you wont get paid enough when you hit oop. Might be just about ok if you think you can bluff him off on hearts

Dont like river unless he thinks you are a fish, also often even a good 10NL player will struggle to fold Qx or better there
  • edited March 2012
    As always I think if we know what we are doing and why its fine, outcome regardless.

River barrell is almost perfect size in terms of how the hand has developed.  Goes south, write it off as a merge :p

Myeh, you know all this :p
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - lines & spew:
    flop is tricky, ok I think though fold turn imo, you wont get paid enough when you hit oop. Might be just about ok if you think you can bluff him off on hearts Dont like river unless he thinks you are a fish, also often even a good 10NL player will struggle to fold Qx or better there
    Posted by grantorino
    Well this is it, can we expect ok players at NL10 to lay down 1/2 pr hands when heart comes

Like what do they think I am doing this with mmmmm

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 - lines & spew:
    In Response to Re: NL10 - lines & spew : Well this is it, can we expect ok players at NL10 to lay down 1/2 pr hands when heart comes Like what do they think I am doing this with mmmmm
    Posted by rancid
    What would you put someone on there?

With calling that 10p flop raise you've neither protected a hand or bet a draw on the flop, then fired on the turn. Unlikely you've called flop with 66 as an underpair and hit your set so unless it's 78 you're bluffing.

And those who've played you or read your posts in the forum know you're well capable of a bluff.
  • edited March 2012
    That river play would probz work against me lol but I'm in a VERY small minority, most players like above have said can't fold TP/2pr so you're just burning money. 

Overall though I agree with GT that the turn bet is 70% pot so purely for SD is wrong odds and OOP you'll have to bet as he can check behind making it harder to get paid.

Biggest advice though from WHOAMI in just play solid, no need for fancy bluffs IMO as there is plenty of fish that you can bleed to death to make profit.
  • edited March 2012
    +1 to dude and whoami, no need to get cute.