You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

limped blind on blind....difficult decision?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Playing cash 2p 4p and folds down to sb who limps in. I have a lousy hand so it just checks.
Mow I am sure many of you recognise this situation, and then because hands are so undefined, this is how hands you would never play (or rarely) can cost alot of money/chips.
This hand is so typical, and tbh I do not know what to do after my re-raise is re-reraised!
Has the villain limped with big pp,low -med pp, suited connectors, marginal holding?
Blind on blind limped pots tend to be the death of me, and a bit of a leak in my game from time to time, so I would really appreciate any feedback on this one. cheers. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedabasserSmall blind £0.02£0.02£5.01rusty762Big blind £0.04£0.06£4.74 Your hole cards104   crabfishCall £0.04£0.10£2.32hillan08Call £0.04£0.14£2.00pokernoob0Fold    dabasserCall £0.02£0.16£4.99rusty762Check    Flop  1034   dabasserBet £0.12£0.28£4.87rusty762Raise £0.52£0.80£4.22crabfishFold    hillan08Fold    dabasserRaise £0.80£1.60£4.07rusty762Call £0.40£2.00£3.82Turn  2   dabasserBet £1.00£3.00£3.07rusty762?   

Comments

• edited March 2012
    its not really limped blind on blind though is it?

If it was I'd be 4bettingwith view to get it in. 

But with multiway limpage feels kind of different... Nah I still 4bet snap a 5bet shove given microstakes.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: limped blind on blind....difficult decision?:
    its not really limped blind on blind though is it? If it was I'd be 4bettingwith view to get it in.  But with multiway limpage feels kind of different... Nah I still 4bet snap a 5bet shove given microstakes.
    Posted by AMYBR
    yea sorry, i realised as soon as i posted there were also two more pre flop limpers! It just felt like blind on blind post flop!
  • edited March 2012
    I probably shove the flop, I'm never just calling once my opponent has re-raised, I'm either shoving (99% of the time) or folding. Most opponents at these stakes turn over TPGK in this spot more than often enough for shoving to be profitable IMO.

Yes, you'll run into a set sometimes (Although the chances of your opponent having 10's or 4's here are low as there's only 2 4's and 2 10's in the deck), but I don't think you can flop top 2 pair and fold very often.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: limped blind on blind....difficult decision? : yea sorry, i realised as soon as i posted there were also two more pre flop limpers! It just felt like blind on blind post flop!
    Posted by rusty762
    Yeah I get you, in alot of ways it is, just nit picking lol :p

Assume he woke up with pr n nut flush draw?
  • edited March 2012
    All in 4-bet on the flop, then look away. Easy peasy! To be behind your opponent would need to have one of five combinations of cards (TcTh, 4h4d, 3d3h, 3c3h, 3d3c) If this is the case then it's just a cooler
  • edited March 2012
    Yep, all in on flop!

As played its tough on the turn. I might even fold turn at NL4. urgh!
  • edited March 2012
    get it in on flop

I'd get it in now as well
  • edited March 2012
    I probably shove the flop, I'm never just calling once my opponent has re-raised, I'm either shoving (99% of the time) or folding. Most opponents at these stakes turn over TPGK in this spot more than often enough for shoving to be profitable IMO. Yes, you'll run into a set sometimes (Although the chances of your opponent having 10's or 4's here are low as there's only 2 4's and 2 10's in the deck), but I don't think you can flop top 2 pair and fold very often.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    yes EvilPingu, I think I missed the opportunity for the 4 bet shove right here.
    I now def think calling was wrong for me here as I had set the raise high enough to be getting stacks in now, and if I run into set 33's so be it.
    I am with you here, I do think he probably was holding TPGK, because I am fairly sure he would not just min-raise with other holdings like say A 2/rag spades. I think maybe that would've been a big re-raise all in given the texture of the board.
    He did then lead out on the turn (half pot bet) not worried about poss made flush.
    The guy is fairly new to sky and has a real solid start with 16 x £2 dym games- showing 33% ave roi (won last 6 from 8 leading me to think he is quite a tight player.
    So, was it a set, or was TPGK?
    Whatever, whichever. -- I know I now played this hand too passively, and thx for all your constructive comments..most grateful.