You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll Management

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hiya i've been playing on Sky Poker now for about 2 years on and off. I have recently starting playing some of the higher stakes and was doing quite well playing 50p/£1 up to 1/2 blind cash until i had 3-4 days where i had some terrible variance/luck.

I have about £200 a month to put into my account but would obviuosly like to build up a roll. I prefer to play cash as this is where u make your money. What kind of level of cash would you recomend for me to play as i dont want to go too low & play with loads of fish.

Regards
Miller23

Comments

• edited March 2012
    It depends on how much you have including the £200 in your account atm.

Also the number of cash tables you play and the way you play will dictate the amount of buyins you will need for a certain level.

If you play 5 tables at once for example, you may want to have a good 10-15 buyins for each table so you can handle very large swings. If you have access to over 800 I would say play about 4-5 tables at 10-20p or 15-30p.

Its all personal preference and how adventurous you are
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Bankroll Management:
    Hiya i've been playing on Sky Poker now for about 2 years on and off. I have recently starting playing some of the higher stakes and was doing quite well playing 50p/£1 up to 1/2 blind cash until i had 3-4 days where i had some terrible variance/luck. I have about £200 a month to put into my account but would obviuosly like to build up a roll. I prefer to play cash as this is where u make your money. What kind of level of cash would you recomend for me to play as i dont want to go too low & play with loads of fish. Regards Miller23
    Posted by Miller23
    £200 I would be 5p/10p or perhaps 10p/20p around 4 tables of each but im assuming you are atleast a competent player as sky players are god awful
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Management:
    In Response to Bankroll Management : £200 I would be 5p/10p or perhaps 10p/20p around 4 tables of each but im assuming you are atleast a competent player as sky players are god awful
    Posted by Irn_Bru
    Isn`t this the best site to play on then if you`re a competant player?
  • edited March 2012
    im assuming you are atleast a competent player as sky players are god awful
    Posted by Irn_Bru
    Nice 1sst post... />_>
  • edited March 2012
    lol dont want to play with any fish, easiest way to go broke that philosphy. Work your way from nl10 that way you wont have to keep depsoting £200 and you never know you may get to that level with a bit of hard work.

@irn_bru bit of an arrogant first post, bit weird really but hey ho not disagreeing but strange you feel the need to put that on the forums
  • edited March 2012
    It depends on how much you have including the £200 in your account atm. Also the number of cash tables you play and the way you play will dictate the amount of buyins you will need for a certain level. If you play 5 tables at once for example, you may want to have a good 10-15 buyins for each table so you can handle very large swings. If you have access to over 800 I would say play about 4-5 tables at 10-20p or 15-30p. Its all personal preference and how adventurous you are
    Posted by ballboy
    Thanks for your advice i normally only play 2-3 tables at a time as i struggle to flip between them all.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Bankroll Management : Isn`t this the best site to play on then if you`re a competant player?
    Posted by davelufc
    lol not when they hit it very tilting

but brm for 10nl is 250

but in the 200pound case that would be 200/25 which is 8 so 8nl is what ur 200 pound is rolled for