You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pokerbots /11/ (or where do you put the batteries?)

edited March 2012 in Area 51
When my eyes regained focus, I have to agree and probably be shot down too, but,, theres some good points made there.

Comments

• edited March 2012

Some of you may vaguely remember Pokerbots..a post i made last year which received a modicrumb of interest..and concerned playing the site and not the player...an earlier post by Drumahai5 on a different thread brought it back to me....and i think i can develope the theory more...firstly...4give errors...as an all nighter after-wedding event has left mewif the pre-requisite eyes like dogs wotsits(and you wanna see them from this side) and hands that rrrrrrrr  sssshak k k king like Barbara Windsors double DD's on a bicycle with square wheels...ouch!.....I would like to redress......well.....nothing....i'd just like to redress...been in this monkey suit from yesterday morning....which was fine til i started to sober up....wot is that on my shirt....tie...jacket,,,trousers... and shoes?....yuck...don't think it was me....

Anyway..the cards...prior to my playing online poker I never saw any point in playing during the small blinds of tourney's...feeling that you could lose a fair bit of your chipstack playing in pots which started with maybe 60chips or so....I even intially sat out the first hour or so til i thot the blinds were big enuff to be worthwhile...This is somethink I wouldn't even contemplate these days...nor during the intial stages would i contemplate sitting quietly and not playing a large number of hands....(I have also stopped watching repeats of heartbeat...and lovejoy...second wind at 50 perhaps).....The truth is its a mad jostle for position...and anyones first job in any tourney is to reach the break ahead...preferrably with at least double your c/s...the first point to take into consideration...is that there is some very loose play early on in tournaments...you may even pick up a double upper with a hand that is under no risk whatsoever(nice)......nice low stacks mean that you can play a bigger variety of hands...and yes some of these pkt hands may be of very low equity....i.e...the old and faithful 7-5 on or o/s 6-4 etc etc.....on the first hand you may spy some weakness in the play...and therefore steal with a modest bet....or best scenario....you might just fill....it happens all the time...so theres no point crying about it....to beat it...you've got to understand that it can and does happen....and it is not as frequent as we think...because there are millions of hands being dealt....and it is not a conspiracy directed entirely at you(it was directed entirely at me...sob!).....the simple logistics is that pokers a risky game...and sometimes you gotta take risks.....this means that sometimes these low equity calls are entirely justified and people shouldn't be abused either at the tables or on any of the forums 4 making these calls...not to mention its a particularly cowardly act when there is no fear of confrontation....i like to vent my frustration at firstly myself... then the great satirical gods of poker...and finally at the mighty DOH!!!...if he's available...unfortuneately the mighty DOH! has the wonderous power of telling you exactly were you went wrong....and how well you fit in the box in which he just put you ..I was glad to see the new guideline brought in the other day....calling people offensive names at the table or in the forums should be beneath us all...especially since i personally dont feel low equity calls are always the wrong thing to do ...watch the online players on the box....a lot of them play like any two cards against any two cards is a 50/50...and any pot can be won with the right size bet no matter what your cards...scary stuff considering the amounts involved...

Next i want to move on to the killer hands....i.e..A's and K's....again i'll take the 7-5 for instance.....pkt A's or K's bet 180 chips...they dont want to scare everyone off and make nothing from the pot...say its called by our 7-5 on suit...the flop reveals 7-5...or give us four suited or fills 3-4-6(happens on many occassions).....the A's/K's not wanting to see another card...and feeling that the flop couldnt have helped his opponent...either bets big...or all-ins...doesn't matter which...it probably all goes in anyway....and bang...your left with a floppy bacon sandwich in one hand...choking over the nice fresh cup of tea you've made to sip while you play atournament that you just thot you'd doubled up in...its obvious that the sheer bulk of hands such as these being played means we will see a lot more of them coming up trumps...and then couple this up with the fact that people find it so hard to lay down A's/K's even if they suspect the worst..if people didnt play these low equity cards we'd never see them winning(absolute boundahs and cads!)... that's my theory why so many big pkt pairs are falling foul to small hands....far better all-inning pre-flop and hoping theres an AK or something similar out there...better to win 60chips pre-flop than lose it all post-flop....at least the 7-5 will have folded(well you would hope so???)....

As for the big number of flushes....having played on other sites....I find that sky is one of the few...if not the only.... that specalises in 6hand tables..most I have played...offer predominantly 9hand tables....very few flushes are worth chasing on these 9hand tables....consequently I feel that it is worthwhile to chase these more on the 6hand table....stands to reason...more cards left in the deck after pre -flop deals...more chances of filling your flush less chance of filling your pairs/trips... in consequence more people will see chasing as a viable option...result...more chasers...more flushes.....  On sky... I fear the flush chasers...on other sites I love them....so this is my contention.....if we know all these things can happen....we can adapt to combat them....and perhaps our online game improves.......Like i have stated...from losing a couple of grand when i just started online poker...i'm now getting good long runs in a lot of small stakes tourneys.....and it was never the money...cos all that goes on skybet...lol.....its about the game if i enter a tournament and get 2/3/4 hours out of it...i'm a happy camper...(THE POKER (R)EVOLUTION HAS BEGUN)....ave 

• edited March 2012
    Award for highest number of (.....) used in one post goes to you :)