You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Has to be a fold?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
The player was unorthodox, small bets n then all in on the river. Dont think he was bluffing at all but cant be sure cause no one called. In the last 30/40 minutes, he has done this overbet all in on the river more than 5 times in this table.

What do u think? Is it just a bad river card

hurst05Small blind £0.25£0.25£48.87bet3pm_coBig blind £0.50£0.75£49.82 Your hole cardsQQ   toffee80Fold    xRaise £1.00£1.75£63.73KKripplerRaise £3.00£4.75£46.25hurst05Fold    bet3pm_coFold    xCall £2.00£6.75£61.73Flop  1052   xCheck    KKripplerBet £3.38£10.13£42.87xCall £3.38£13.51£58.35Turn  2   xCheck    KKripplerBet £13.51£27.02£29.36xCall £13.51£40.53£44.84River  10   xBet £40.53£81.06£4.31KKripplerFold    xMuck    xWin £38.73 £43.04xReturn £40.53£1.80£83.57

Comments

• edited March 2012
    The pot bet on the turn is unorthox for me but I was setting the pot up for a river all in shove.
  • edited March 2012
    I would call

Cant really explain why, but if he had a 10 would he really do that? cant see him having any 2s, i think he could be turning A high into a bluff. he can also have missed flush draws.

considering the history of his play i think i call for information and i would expect to be ahead alot

I could be completly wrong tho cos cash aint my forte
  • edited March 2012
    My feeling is that it has to be a busted flush draw or a ten, dont think it can be any other hands, unless he was being funky n floating oop( unlikely).

My initial feeling was he got there, n I just couldn't call. But when I went throught the hand history, I was debating the decision, i think its closer than a snap fold.
  • edited March 2012
    The bet on the river isn't an overbet, it's a pot-size bet. I would be surprised if he was doing this with less than a house but I have been surprised by poker players before. I think your aggression should protect you from most bluffs. You've not shown any sign that you could have a hand that could be blown off the pot and most people will bluff before it gets to the river. There's a similar hand in the clinic posted by ballboy. Usually in this spot I think they're making the big value-bet on the river simply because they're afraid of checking it to you and missing value when you check hands like overpairs.

Perhaps people out there are braver with their air-bluffs than I think but surely, if he was playing a flush-draw and was the type of player that's willing to put his stack in on a bluff, he would have check-raised the flop or turn while his hand still had some value. He's passed up those opportunities. That says to me that he had a made hand on the flop that he wasn't certain about. Which of the made hands on the flop do we now beat?
  • edited March 2012
    3bet pre bigger. to like £4 or £5 depends how much he likes to click that call button. bet flop bigger. fold to that skilled donk POT lead river.