You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sattelite

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
i was playing a satelite to the sunday milion on pokerstars this evening, when the following hand came up,
its folded to me in the hijack position and i raise 910dd, the blinds are 50-100,i raise it to 275 get a call from the small blind, flop comes Q72 two diamands he checks i bet 300 into650 he just calls,the turn brings an offsuit 8 giving me staright draw,flush draw, the pot is like 1200 or so i have 1900 he now leads into me for 850...i decied to shove all in finking like i have like 1million outs!!lol  insta called flipped Q7 for two pair,the river was an absolute brick...How do u feel on this play?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    ur avin a laugh, its 2:11 am on a saturday night and your asking for people to give logical opinions on a hand with no pictures. Wait until the morning when the sensible ones wake up to get a proper reply. For my two bits worth, i feel funny on this play - i hope this answers your question, im off to bed now ZZZzzzzzzzzzz.
  • edited November 2009
    Right im sober now so i will try to give you my two pennies worth. After the flop you had a 3/1 chance of hitting the flush, with your chip stack being low id have either gone all in or got out. After the turn, you didnt have a million outs, you had four 6's and four J's plus seven diamond (9 minus the 6 and J) Thats 15 outs assuming your opponent hasnt got any. He bets 850 so you can assume he has something and your behind, so if you dont hit the flush/straight your gonna lose,thats still 3/1 underdog, however you were pot committed. This is the classic example of what happens when you go chasing cards, however when they do hit its great. I do things like this myself, as do plenty of others, its hard to fold, but sometimes you gotta get out early or go for it early. Please dont take this reply as gospel, cos im only a fish lol, its only an opinion.