You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky poker play?

Im new to sky poker but is this how you all play here?
if so i may have made a mistake moving here
if anyone can even kinda explain what this guy was foing id appreciate
GSmith13 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £14.80
block92 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £25.62
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

DrRunGood Raise  £1.40 £1.70 £21.22
GFKIJKLL Fold     
malandro Fold     
HomeRun Call  £1.40 £3.10 £16.16
GSmith13 Fold     
block92 Call  £1.20 £4.30 £24.42
Flop

• K

block92 Check     
DrRunGood Bet  £3.23 £7.53 £17.99
HomeRun Call  £3.23 £10.76 £12.93
block92 Fold     
Turn

DrRunGood All-in  £17.99 £28.75 £0.00
HomeRun All-in  £12.93 £41.68 £0.00
DrRunGood Unmatched bet  £5.06 £36.62 £5.06
DrRunGood Show
  • A
  • A

HomeRun Show

River

HomeRun Win Three 9s £34.82

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Lol home run, back of the net!!!

Answer to your question. No idea why oppo was involved here.

Stick around fella, it gets better!!!!!!
  • edited March 2012
    i will watch sky poker all the time and fancied giving it a go im used to bad beats and so on but this 1 knocked me off my stride cause i cant even began to think what he was going for plus tht hand was the difference between a profit session and a minus 1
  • edited March 2012
    yes the villain shouldnt of been in the hand maybe a missclick because multi tabling but why are u 7 x raising with aces this is just crazy dnt u want a call or what ? u are scaring customers away with this bet 
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    Guy calls of on turn with 20%, would you rather he folded ?
  • edited March 2012

7 x raise pre, excellent raise size IMO as it gets most players to fold there bad hands so we won't get beat by them. Remember with AA we are happy just to steal the blinds 30p added to our stack init. Well played sir.

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: sky poker play?:
    7 x raise pre, excellent raise size IMO as it gets most players to fold there bad hands so we won't get beat by them. Remember with AA we are happy just to steal the blinds 30p added to our stack init. Well played sir.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    agree with this as it takes a biggish bet like he made to get rid of all the bad loose cash players and you always get some muppet calling so you max out the value to the fullest. If he bets 4x bb suited connectors people will still call with those ranges and your pair wont look so good, at least only thing you should be worried about after 7x bb raise is.... well nothing. Nothing wrong atall with 7x bb. Punish players like this and make um pay was just vul
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: sky poker play? : agree with this as it takes a biggish bet like he made to get rid of all the bad loose cash players and you always get some muppet calling so you max out the value to the fullest. If he bets 4x bb suited connectors people will still call with those ranges and your pair wont look so good, at least only thing you should be worried about after 7x bb raise is.... well nothing. Nothing wrong atall with 7x bb. Punish players like this and make um pay was just vul
    Posted by Dazler
    Now I know Curt is being sarcastic here but please tell me you are as well Daz.......
  • edited March 2012
    welcome to the mad house,Dr.

:-)

devon
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: sky poker play? : Now I know Curt is being sarcastic here but please tell me you are as well Daz.......
    Posted by SJspanky1
    This.

But I dont think he is :p

There are reasons to raise more pre, but its not to make ppl fold.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: sky poker play? : Now I know Curt is being sarcastic here but please tell me you are as well Daz.......
    Posted by SJspanky1
    no im dead serious, although im not talking about every time just on occasions when you know your gonna get a caller cos they havnt got a clue and call with anything, so why wouldnt you raise it up to 7x bb if you know you will. Just cos you have pk As and a button on the table that only goes to 4x bb dosnt mean you have to use it all the time. Depends on the players.

ps. LOL @myself i just read his post again and didnt read it correctly the first time DOH! how stooopid do i look lol. all i saw was nothing wrong with raising 7xbb didnt read the rest.
  • edited March 2012
    Guy calls of on turn with 20%, would you rather he folded ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1 to this - Why would you want to go anywhere else?
  • edited March 2012
    its nl 10/20 believe me any less than 7x bet and i would get a family pot the raise was right
    just bemused me of why he called obv more irritated by fact he hit
  • edited March 2012
    its nl 10/20 believe me any less than 7x bet and i would get a family pot the raise was right just bemused me of why he called obv more irritated by fact he hit
    Posted by DrRunGood
    yea i agree cash games are a lot looser and you get a lot of family pots after you raise 2-4x bb on certain tables and you dont wanna be in with 5 other players when holding pk pair. 2 max IMO This was what i was saying earlier, but should of read what i was responding too. And regards to callers who shouldnt really be in the hand unless they have a cunning plan and are good! generaly there just wallys :)-