You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can/Should u fold in these spots?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Oppo unknown, seems to be hitting alot of hands, hence the big stack.

When he rerasises the turn can we fold, or can we fold the river?

KKripplerSmall blind £0.25£0.25£49.75gregs88116Big blind £0.50£0.75£49.78shawsokSit out     Your hole cardsKK   xCall £0.50£1.25£135.16hoss777Fold    richteaFold    KKripplerRaise £2.25£3.50£47.50gregs88116Fold    xCall £2.00£5.50£133.16Flop  8J5   KKripplerBet £4.00£9.50£43.50xCall £4.00£13.50£129.16Turn  8   KKripplerBet £6.75£20.25£36.75xRaise £13.50£33.75£115.66KKripplerCall £6.75£40.50£30.00River  2   KKripplerCheck    xAll-in £115.66£156.16£0.00KKripplerAll-in £30.00£186.16£0.00

Comments

• edited March 2012
    looks like he is turning his hand face up as 8x
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Can/Should u fold in these spots?:
    looks like he is turning his hand face up as 8x
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

Thats what I thought at the time( except i was to effin stubborn to fold). Against unknown players, do we just let go on the turn.
  • ybyb
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Can/Should u fold in these spots?:
    In Response to Re: Can/Should u fold in these spots? : Thats what I thought at the time( except i was to effin stubborn to fold). Against unknown players, do we just let go on the turn.
    Posted by KKrippler
    yeah i'd say b/fing turn is best readless
  • edited March 2012
    The decision really is on the turn since, if we call, any bet our opponent makes on the river is going to be for our stack and we certainly won't be able to fold on a blank card like the 2.

I'm forced to think that the way you played it isn't completely wrong. I'm struggling to think of too many 8's in his pre-flop limp-calling range apart from 88 and sometimes A8. I can however think of alot of Jacks that could be overplayed in this fashion: On the turn, our opponent could be raising for value with a KJ or AJ and on the river, after we check it to him, we could look weak so he could be betting for value with those strong Jacks. I'm guessing from what you've said that you lost the hand, but I would have felt that my hand is good here more often than not.

I don't like shoving the turn, since we'll fold out the hands we beat and only get called by the hands we're losing to. Calling is good as we may get more value on the river from a Jack or bluff. When calling on the turn I'm basically making the decision to go broke on this hand, short of an Ace or Jack coming on the river and having some sort of soul-read on my opponent.
  • edited March 2012
    ...maybe 78 or 89 but you raised alot pre-flop and these hands are ones that people like to see cheap flops with.
  • edited March 2012
    oppo had 8,4 for the win
  • edited March 2012
    Lol gotta love that call pre, and I guess if you're gonna call with that pre, you aint folding if you flop 2nd pair... hope you noted him up!
  • edited March 2012
    Well, these are the players that defy analysis. Don't think I'd base too many of my future decisions on this hand; Just the ones against this opponent. ;)