You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how can

edited March 2012 in Area 51
i have aa someone raises to 500 i go allin he has kk hits k on flop, and left with 600 odd then down to 40 chips
then gets to final table with 11k i had a couple of players say in chat how did i come back from 180 and someone corrected him and said it was 45 chips but in fact was 40 the final table plays on someone goes allin
he got called and i fold ace 10 there hands show the 1st m8ty who went allin k2 i think something like that and 66 called so i folded my ace 10 and yes ace came on flop and would of done both of them he then was asked why go allin with that he replied i wanted pete to get low so the m8ty who beat my aa raises again to 3.6k ive now got just over 5k left so i say to myself im going allin i have ace j he calls a 10 and hits ten on flop
so that one player beats me when im ahead both times so unreal

gl on the tables cos its only all about luck no skill online

pete

Comments

• edited March 2012
    In Response to how can:
    i have aa someone raises to 500 i go allin he has kk hits k on flop, and left with 600 odd then down to 40 chips then gets to final table with 11k i had a couple of players say in chat how did i come back from 180 and someone corrected him and said it was 45 chips but in fact was 40 the final table plays on someone goes allin he got called and i fold ace 10 there hands show the 1st m8ty who went allin k2 i think something like that and 66 called so i folded my ace 10 and yes ace came on flop and would of done both of them he then was asked why go allin with that he replied i wanted pete to get low so the m8ty who beat my aa raises again to 3.6k ive now got just over 5k left so i say to myself im going allin i have ace j he calls a 10 and hits ten on flop so that one player beats me when im ahead both times so unreal gl on the tables cos its only all about luck no skill online                                                                              pete
    Posted by petethepla
    Have no idea what you are saying here, reads a bit like Vicky Pollard but if you think its all luck then good luck to you because you will need it.
  • edited March 2012
    agree with the vicky P thing.

All i see is you got A's in vs K's, went down to 40 chips and got to final table with 11k???  Selective view IMO

Similar to a FT #i made lately.  On FT bubble of 2200 MTT.  Guy ships button for 18bigs on my BB.  I opt to call with A3, knowing my A is good, electing to flip vs his likely inferior shove as am short also.  He shows K9, A high holds.  I then have to sit through an earful of how the site is rigged...

Hello.... you just survived 2200 players to finish in the 0.5% /> but now you decide its rigged after losing a flip from behind?  FML.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: how can:
    agree with the vicky P thing. All i see is you got A's in vs K's, went down to 40 chips and got to final table with 11k???  Selective view IMO Similar to a FT #i made lately.  On FT bubble of 2200 MTT.  Guy ships button for 18bigs on my BB.  I opt to call with A3, knowing my A is good, electing to flip vs his likely inferior shove as am short also.  He shows K9, A high holds.  I then have to sit through an earful of how the site is rigged... Hello.... you just survived 2200 players to finish in the 0.5% /> but now you decide its rigged after losing a flip from behind?  FML.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Brag.

Brag.

Brag.

Brag.

.....Brag.   ;)

Gratz, i'll do it coz I know u'r dying for sum1 to ask...... :P

Where did you finish??? How much did you win?

• edited March 2012
    In Response to how can:
    i have aa someone raises to 500 i go allin he has kk hits k on flop, and left with 600 odd then down to 40 chips then gets to final table with 11k i had a couple of players say in chat how did i come back from 180 and someone corrected him and said it was 45 chips but in fact was 40 the final table plays on someone goes allin he got called and i fold ace 10 there hands show the 1st m8ty who went allin k2 i think something like that and 66 called so i folded my ace 10 and yes ace came on flop and would of done both of them he then was asked why go allin with that he replied i wanted pete to get low so the m8ty who beat my aa raises again to 3.6k ive now got just over 5k left so i say to myself im going allin i have ace j he calls a 10 and hits ten on flop so that one player beats me when im ahead both times so unreal gl on the tables cos its only all about luck no skill online                                                                              pete
    Posted by petethepla
    course its luck pete,jonjo will disagree cos he wins a bit ere an there,the people on sky luv shuving rag ace so i do it me self now,if u cant beat em, join em.u do need luck but when u get low on chips, they always donk call u.if its not ur day ,, its not ur day,book another game and crack on, lol.gl in the future.
  • edited March 2012
    lol not at all Doh.

1st hand final table folds to me in the SB.  Have around 36bbs  to his 16bbs.I ship 4h7h but atc really here.  He obv has Q's.  Then just laddered 2 spots.  Amusingly shipped button in unopened pot with some junk vs two tight players.  SB re shoves Ax BB calls with J's with a smaller stack than myself.  A hits, am out but one above the J's :p  So finished 6th for a dribble over $600.

Wasnt a brag at all though.  I have thoughts on online etc but I get almost as frustrated as others when people take an utterly one sided view of things, using very limited sample and experience, myeh
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: how can:
    lol not at all Doh. 1st hand final table folds to me in the SB.  Have around 36bbs  to his 16bbs.I ship 4h7h but atc really here.  He obv has Q's.  Then just laddered 2 spots.  Amusingly shipped button in unopened pot with some junk vs two tight players.  SB re shoves Ax BB calls with J's with a smaller stack than myself.  A hits, am out but one above the J's :p  So finished 6th for a dribble over $600. Wasnt a brag at all though.  I have thoughts on online etc but I get almost as frustrated as others when people take an utterly one sided view of things, using very limited sample and experience, myeh
    Posted by AMYBR
    Yeh was only messing lad. 

Pleased for ya, well done on going deep. 

That feeling when you go deeeeeeep then bust tho! Ughhhhhhh. Maybe u'r used to it. (rubz)

Alot of respect for semi/pro MTT players, even live, must be hell!

• edited March 2012
    I dont think its a matter of getting used to it, but just knowing your spots and being comfortable outcome regardless.  Clinic bounces around alot of lines, but am a firm believer in that if you know why you are doing what you are doing its very rarely wrong.  Is the FT cash players I respect tbh.  I just cant handle the swings.  Playing about 5 hrs a day now at set times, unless going deep OC.

Just qualified for UKIPT Nottingham last night for next to nothing so been a good week :p