You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DOUBLE YOUR MONEY TOURNAMENTS

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
jus played a £5.oo+.50p double your money tournament won and got £4.50 back+£5.00 stake,so sky take.50p rake+.50p from prize pize poolx6 players =£3 why are these tournaments calle doubke money.5.50 to win 4.50 is not double your money when sky are taking nearly 20%.any views on this? i think its a rip off

Comments

• edited November 2009
    you pay £5.50 to play and you get £10 back if you win so it is almost DYM,if you have been short changed you should contact customer service,or just check your account history to be sure you have not made a mistake :)
  • edited November 2009
    It's double YOUR money. The stake is theirs. If you cash you get £10 back which is double your stake (£4.50 profit).
  • edited November 2009

you paid £5.50 to get in (50p goes to sky) and you got £10 back. the 50p isn't in the prize fund so it can not be counted in your win.

your contribution to the prize pool is £5 and your winnings from it are £10 thus double the money you put in.

also as a title "the almost but not quite double what you have paid to enter sit n go" doesn't have the same ring to it as a double your money now does it? lol

• edited November 2009

In a double your money game where you put £5.50 into the game you are going to win £10.00 ie double £5.00.  The extra £0.50 is Skys take from the game that keeps this site going. 

If you are saying that you only got £9.50 back then I think you need to take this up with customers services.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to DOUBLE YOUR MONEY TOURNAMENTS:
    jus played a £5.oo+.50p double your money tournament won and got £4.50 back+£5.00 stake,so sky take.50p rake+.50p from prize pize poolx6 players =£3 why are these tournaments calle doubke money.5.50 to win 4.50 is not double your money when sky are taking nearly 20%.any views on this? i think its a rip off
    Posted by JAYPS
    you didn't get 4.50 plus £5stake back. you got £10 which shows in your account as £4.50 profit. £5.50 in and £10 back
  • edited November 2009
    i recentley discover the double ur money tourneys, i really like em, playin em more then normal ring games.
  • edited November 2009
    I think this guys going onto his my account page and getting confused.

You pay £5.00 + 50p to play, if you win you get £10, therefore you make £4.50 (£10 - £5.50) profit from a win.
  • edited November 2009
    Show me any site that doesn't charge rake? Sky have to make some money somewhere or we wouldn't get great events like the SPT and the decent Shed freeroll plus all the extra freebies Sky Rich and Tikay dish out on the forum recently.

Certainly not a rip off!
  • edited November 2009
    yeah i reckon they are getting confused by looking on their account page as well
  • edited November 2009
    Five quid doubled = ten quid, or am I wrong?
  • edited November 2009
    Agree with all so far.
    Every poker site takes a stake otherwise they would not be in business very long.
  • edited November 2009

I agree they deserve their stake for running a fine service, and they offer us freebies in return, also they need to pay Tikays and Sky_rich's wages. So its understandable.

When in the tournament lobby it does state £5+50p and £5 of that goes into the prizepool.

As a result if you top 3 the rest of eveyone else whos out is split equally between the final 3.

£10
    £10
    £10

Like others have said this means it is a £4.50 profit. But the winnings is double what you put in the prizepool, hense the "Double your money".

Hope this clears it up for you

• edited November 2009
    Your moaning because you won!

This world has been turned upside down!
    If you enter a MTT at £5 + 50p, the £5 will go into the prize pool, just like double your moneys.