You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tricky oppo

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Donk leads alot of flops with air, mid pairs, n monsters. Should i reraise the donk flop bet, or played the streets different.

Your hole cardsAA   KKripplerRaise £1.20£1.80£38.60bustout44Fold    dontom99Fold    xCall £1.00£2.80£42.64SanqBeliqFold    Flop  9J8   xBet £2.80£5.60£39.84KKripplerCall £2.80£8.40£35.80Turn  K   xCheck    KKripplerBet £4.00£12.40£31.80xCall £4.00£16.40£35.84River  K   xAll-in £35.84£52.24£0.00KKripplerFold   

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Raising the donk-bet on the flop isn't too bad to try to take the hand down now or remain in control of the pot and gain value from a draw or a top-pair hand. If we're 3-bet though, we're probably forced to fold.

Calling the flop is sensible as a pot-control line but when a danger card comes on the turn you choose to bet it. It's as though you're trying to represent the flush which is a weird thing to do with a made hand, having taken the pot-control line on the flop.

The river shove has us in bad shape, I think. Players seem to be mostly doing this for value with nut or near-nut hands. I'd think he's filled up on the river with a KJ or 88 type hand.
  • edited March 2012
    Again, I think your image at table needs to be an important factor here.  His value range is going to be pretty wide given how you've been acting :p

If he's donking a wide range btw, isnt neccessarily a bad thing, escpecially if its only vs you as your aggro factor/stationy/creative factor is higher than most.

W/out reads am not sure at all on river tbh.
  • edited March 2012
    I might have been a bit unclear of my view about the river: I think it's a definite fold. What bluffs are in his range here? He's led the flop and check-called the turn, so surely he figures to have some sort of hand. Even if he only has a drawing hand on the turn, what drawing hands haven't got there? QT, KQ and the flush draw have all got there. He could be holding KJ or a set and be scared by the flush draw coming in on the turn, so only check calls then ships the river when he fills up. The only drawing hand that we can beat is 67.

I don't see him ever shoving here with just a Jack, 8 or 9 so it looks like he must have us beat. The board's just way too scarey for anyone to shove here with a weaker hand than ours... Unless they're absolutely mad, completely clueless or completely legless. I don't think we can bank on that in the long-term so it's 100% a fold.
  • edited March 2012
    if oppo donks all range, how does oppo play when called with all holdings that oppo donks

donks flop, check turn & shove river - imo it's the three streets are more important than just the donk

sure your behind though - played fine

• edited March 2012

Borin, I think 3b/f would be pretty bad on that flop against a tricky villain. Also taking the hand down wont be great for us either

If he donks a lot I prob just 3bet and get it in, thats prob pretty marginal though. Calling ok too

Turn is prob a check back, not sure there is many hands you beat hes likely to continue with that dont bet the turn, maybe KQ, KT

River prob a fold

• edited March 2012
    Yeah, fair point. Raising then folding to a 3-bet on that board is probably a bit soft. Too many drawing hands would play it like that. I'd be happy to take it down on this flop, though, since 7's, Tens, Jacks, Queens, Kings and hearts are all bad cards for us on the turn.