You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do i call this?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
£5 Bh, level 3, not played many hands and just been moved to another table.

I figured if oppo had AK, he would have re raised pre.

What can we put em on here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
pokertoday Small blind  20.00 20.00 6185.00
legs200 Big blind  40.00 60.00 7362.50
  Your hole cards
  • K

Jakethepeg Fold     
davelufc Raise  160.00 220.00 1405.00
panderys1 Fold     
stefros Fold     
pokertoday Call  140.00 360.00 6045.00
legs200 Call  120.00 480.00 7242.50
Flop

• K
  • A

pokertoday All-in  6045.00 6525.00 0.00
legs200 Fold     
davelufc?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Raise less pre 4x is crazy, minraise fine with that stack.

Flop. look upwards, thank God, then click call.
  • edited March 2012
    Response to Re: Do i call this?:
    Raise less pre 4x is crazy, minraise fine with that stack. Flop. look upwards, thank God, then click call.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

I`m pretty sure it was 3x dude, this is what borinloner was on about on another thread,

When you click 3x, it adds the bet onto the BB. Cant see me raising 4x really! I`m prob wrong lol.
  • edited March 2012
    YES YOUR VILLIAN HAS 6K CHIPS AT LEVEL 3 AND HAS YOU COVERED IN A BOUNTY HUNTER HES PUTTUNG YOU ALL IN WITH ANY ACE.
    IF HES GOT QJ HES SURLEY NOT SHOVING HERE
  • edited March 2012
    4 x 40 = 160 right ?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Do i call this?:
    4 x 40 = 160 right ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Once you have put in more than 10% of your stack and flop two pair you have to call. Don't raise so much. As for the is this a 3x or a 4x raise. It's a 4x you have raise to four times the big blind. Sky softwear calls it 3x because you are calling the big blind and then raising another 3 big blinds. Everyone else in the world calls it a 4x raise.

Make it 100 pre flop here. Gives you room to fold the flop if you feel you are beat
  • edited March 2012
    Totally agree with the above, I can sort of see why you raised so much as your in early position but in terms of pot control its a bit much.

I agree with BADBOY too, if he's flopped the nuts there's no way he should be shoving as theres a lot more value for him to get here. I think he's trying to push you off the hand, possibly with Ace Rag, or he's just inexperienced and wants to jam in as soon as he hits a hand. 

Another theory is that i've noticed a lot of people like to slow play monsters too much and he could have AK, A10, QJ etc, therefore hoping that because of your big pre flop raise he knows you've got a hand and because of the wet flop he's hoping you'll call his shove.

Either way you've got to call!
  • edited March 2012
    Totally agree with the above, I can sort of see why you raised so much as your in early position but in terms of pot control its a bit much. I agree with BADBOY too, if he's flopped the nuts there's no way he should be shoving as theres a lot more value for him to get here. I think he's trying to push you off the hand, possibly with Ace Rag, or he's just inexperienced and wants to jam in as soon as he hits a hand.  Another theory is that i've noticed a lot of people like to slow play monsters too much and he could have AK, A10, QJ etc, therefore hoping that because of your big pre flop raise he knows you've got a hand and because of the wet flop he's hoping you'll call his shove. Either way you've got to call!
    Posted by mitchell89
    He's open-shoved for 12x the pot on a flop of A,K,T. I think it's pretty safe to say that he's inexperienced. lol

As for hands that beat us that we can put him on: TT, KT, AT and QJ are possible - Calling a 4x pre-flop raise with these hands isn't unusual. KK and AA would seem unlikely in the absence of a pre-flop 3-bet.

Hands that we beat that would call pre-flop and shove the flop: Not many. AQ, AJ, A9 and lower. Can't see him shoving a flop with JJ, 99 or lower pairs and QQ would have 3-bet pre-flop. Can't imagine he shoves with just a King, but he could do so with KT.

On the face of it, we have to call. It's difficult to put him on a range considering he seems to be a rank beginner. Still, when we raise pre-flop with KT, what sort of flop do we want to see? This looks like it fits the bill and I'd hate to raise pre with KT, flop two-pair and then fold to a single bet. Even if that bet is so outrageous. There are hands that beat us but such an inexperienced player is just as likely to show us A3 as QJ here.
  • edited March 2012
    Had to shove like most of you say, didn`t hold up against his rag!!!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    pokertoday Small blind  20.00 20.00 6185.00
    legs200 Big blind  40.00 60.00 7362.50
      Your hole cards
    • K

Jakethepeg Fold     
    davelufc Raise  160.00 220.00 1405.00
    panderys1 Fold     
    stefros Fold     
    pokertoday Call  140.00 360.00 6045.00
    legs200 Call  120.00 480.00 7242.50
    Flop

• K
    • A

pokertoday All-in  6045.00 6525.00 0.00
    legs200 Fold     
    davelufc All-in  1405.00 7930.00 0.00
    pokertoday Unmatched bet  4640.00 3290.00 4640.00
    pokertoday Show
    • A

davelufc Show
    • K

Turn

River

• J

pokertoday Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s 3290.00  7930.00
  • edited March 2012
    Ouch!

Darn, I said A3... miles away. ;)
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    wrong section
    Posted by grantorino
    If i`d have folded would it be in the `right` section?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Do i call this? : If i`d have folded would it be in the `right` section?
    Posted by davelufc
    No, hand is completely standard, its just a bad beat. You can argue about opening smaller, but you cant ever fold flop this shallow
  • edited March 2012
    Unlucky! Hope to see this guy at the tables if he's shoving with those kind of hands!