You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it possible??

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Is it possible to block another player ?,  i play a lot of "heads up" and recently got "stalked" by another player who waited for me to register for a game and would then register to play me.  As it happens, i did win more than i lost but i just wasn't comfortable about being targeted like that. i know i could always wait for someone else to register before i do, but i just wondered if it was possible to block another player from playing against you.
Thanks for any replies, please be easy on me 1st post and all that......

Comments

• edited March 2012
    not that im aware of. like you say ,wait till someone else regs and play them.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Is it possible??:
    Is it possible to block another player ?,  i play a lot of "heads up" and recently got "stalked" by another player who waited for me to register for a game and would then register to play me.  As it happens, i did win more than i lost but i just wasn't comfortable about being targeted like that. i know i could always wait for someone else to register before i do, but i just wondered if it was possible to block another player from playing against you. Thanks for any replies, please be easy on me 1st post and all that......
    Posted by JERT
    You have obviously played this player before for them to come chasing you.

Have you stacked the stalker(lol) at some point or has there been some chat abuse?

Like pod says, just join a table where a player has reg`d.

If it keeps happening, take a note of the player name and report to CS.

Gl fella.
  • edited March 2012
    If you win more than you lose just keep playing the guy till he runs out of moniez :)

The problem starts when good players start hunting you ;)
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Is it possible??:
    If it keeps happening, take a note of the player name and report to CS. Gl fella.
    Posted by davelufc
    Really? Is this against the rules somehow? Surely he's not doing anything wrong looking for a player that he thinks he can beat is he? I wouldn't have thought that CS would have much to say on the matter
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Is it possible?? : Really? Is this against the rules somehow? Surely he's not doing anything wrong looking for a player that he thinks he can beat is he? I wouldn't have thought that CS would have much to say on the matter
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Just cos he beat the player, is it ok to follow him?

The op felt uncomfortable with player following him.

That was why he posted, Give him some advice then plz.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Is it possible?? : Just cos he beat the player, is it ok to follow him? The op felt uncomfortable with player following him. That was why he posted, Give him some advice then plz.
    Posted by davelufc
    You can't stop someone trying to play with you on public tables, I'm afraid. He's allowed to chase you around if he wants to. If he thinks he has an edge on you and can beat you in the long-term then what he's doing is called "bum-hunting". As long as he's not being abusive to you in the chat box, then he's not doing anything wrong.

It does beg the question though; If you've been beating him, what's the problem? Let him chase you around and laugh heartily at him as you take his money. :)

(Of course, if he is being abusive in the chat box, then it is an issue for customer services or the moderators or whatever system Sky uses for dealing with that sort of thing. You can always turn the chat off as a more instant solution)
  • edited March 2012
    Ok folks thanks for your replies.
  • edited March 2012
    surely if you sit out when he joins he'll get bored eventually, or else the pair of you will lock up hundreds of heads up tables and sky will do something about it