You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

taking a small break

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys,

Ive not been playing like myself, Live, Sky or elsewhere online, so ive decided (except for a Tuesday where im venue director for a live game) i will be taking a break from playing poker.

I will still pop onto the forums, and if invited into the Posters freeroll i shall play in that and maybe get some confidence back(IF IM INVITED I STATE AGAIN) and hopfully start doing well on a Tuesday night aswell.

Sorry i wont see you at the tables, but i need to take some time to just think about what im doing wrong now, to what i wasnt before.

Thanks all for your support and i will still remain posting.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Have a good break Don and I am sure that after a break you will be back to your winning ways. 

If we both get lucky I hope to see you in the Posters Freeroll later this week.

Steve
  • edited November 2009
    Take care Don, sometimes a few days off gets your form back
  • edited November 2009
    thanks Kiwini. I hope so too ive lost over £50 in the last week alone.
  • edited November 2009
    you will be missed hurry back
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: taking a small break:
    thanks Kiwini. I hope so too ive lost over £50 in the last week alone.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeh, sometimes players think its all mega money,its ok losing £50 if you have loads in your account, however if your depositing that amount as you go along ( im not saying you are) and losing its worth taking a break but £50 is a lot for the average man / woman in the street to lose. Your probably doing the right thing in taking a break. Hope to see you back when you feel ready, have a good one and keep chatting.
  • edited November 2009

thanks everyone.

Hopfully be back soon.

• edited November 2009
    good luck don, i've played afew tables with you lately and i had an opinion to things which you could have done to try and change your fortune though in fairness my opinion is usually worthless lol
  • edited November 2009
    if you wouldnt mind chris sharing that information so that i can change it a little bit. Recently has been the worst ive played since i learnt the basics
  • edited November 2009
    I just thought u were callin too much mate. in 1 game i had kings i think it was and raised and u caleld with 8,9 or something like that, then instead of just getting out way when u didnt connect u followed me all in to bust out the tournament.
    I've done that myself though as every1 has. but that game so happened to be just after i'd read about your bad luck and i remember thinking to myself during that game you were callin too many wee raises, sort of letting your chips drift away.
    I hope that helps u out a wee bit mate as it was just a impression i got from a few games
  • edited November 2009
    All the best - very wise to take a break. I feel ur pain at the moment!
  • edited November 2009
    thanks chris.

I was starting to think that myself to be honest. I was trying to be the opposite of passive. And suited connectors been bad recently. Apart from another site where people kept going all in with pairs after i hit my flush. But thanks.

Thanks Phil. Like i said i will try and do well live and in the posters freeroll. As a result hopefully build my confidence back up.
  • edited November 2009
    Doing the right thing mate, I am seriously considering doing the same thing as on a terrible downswing myself and getting no luck.  Maybe read a good poker book and see if you identify any holes?

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    yea i agree. unfortunetly with my college work and stuff i have no time to read even giving up poker. I usually play the poker while reading my work and write what i need to while waiting for a tournament to start,
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to taking a small break:
    hi guys, Ive not been playing like myself, Live, Sky or elsewhere online, so ive decided (except for a Tuesday where im venue director for a live game) i will be taking a break from playing poker. I will still pop onto the forums, and if invited into the Posters freeroll i shall play in that and maybe get some confidence back(IF IM INVITED I STATE AGAIN) and hopfully start doing well on a Tuesday night aswell. Sorry i wont see you at the tables, but i need to take some time to just think about what im doing wrong now, to what i wasnt before. Thanks all for your support and i will still remain posting.
    Posted by The_Don90
    its the best thing you can do..dont think about poker for a few days..do other things ...........at least thats wat i do..
  • edited November 2009
    Your view on things change when you hit a down swing. If the swing starts with hands like KK & AA being outdrawn by lesser holdings like 8 9 off then it's easy to start chasing loses by playing this kind of stuff to hope and connect. Once you haven't the all in HIT & HOPE take over and it's down hill from there.

You obviously have your head screwed on as you've decided to take a little time and re-asses. I did this a while ago but being the poker addict i am (only joking) I couldn't stay away from the tables. I just railed a lot in the games i normally play and familiarised myself over a good period with the players i'd been losing to.

Good Luck When You Have Returned