You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham

edited March 2012 in Betting Chat
Cheltenham races next week should be good who is your favourite cheltenham horse and why ? my fav has gotta be 1 of the best 2milers and such a great battler always a tryer horse is called viking flagship amount of times u think it is beat and battles back and wins just amazing horse who i have had success with 

Comments

• edited March 2012
    My favourite race ever at cheltenham is a bit predictable I,m afraid.

Desert Orchid winning the Gold Cup. 

He disliked Cheltenham, the ground was awful and he showed true heart to win that day.

Best Horse has to be Dawn Run, champion hurdle Gold Cup double

Father V 
  • edited March 2012

"Snoopy Loopy"
  • edited March 2012
    Good choice DOHHHHH, the only trouble is he never won at Cheltenham . In fact twice he was pulled up there and once finished ninth.

Having said that he was one of my favourites as well.

Father V
  • edited March 2012
    dessie beat my 40to1 shot that day into a close 2nd YAHOO,i still shouted the grey on up the hill
  • edited March 2012
    Hi andy

I was going mad in a hotel room in Southport. nearly lifted the roof off the hotel

Good days and you had to feel slightly sorry for Yahoo as well, he gave his all. Thats why such a terriffic race

Father V 
  • edited March 2012
    two words....nortons coin! ;)
  • edited March 2012
    Personally I loved the Champion Chase races from 2000 to about 2005 with the likes of Moscow Flyer,Edredon Bleu,Flagship Uberalles and Azertyuiop. I also had a soft spot for Well Chief(which cost me a few quid!)
  • edited March 2012

I bet only a few of you remember a horse called Willie Wumpkins!
    I don't know how many times he won at Cheltenham but he never let me down!

• edited March 2012
    i wonder if i'll ever see a race again like the 2005 champion hurdle, there is a painting of Hardy Eustace , Harchibald and Brave Inca all in a line over the final flight and I'm going to have to treat myself to it one day. Never big on art but this captures all the excitement from that marvellous race. I've had to go back and watch a clip of the race again once I saw this thread. Every time I watch it I cant help but be amazed at the cruising speed of bridle horse Harchibald, he has it 100% wrapped up , in the bag up the hill. Only one winner out of the 3 and its Harchibald. Even 7 years later theres only ever one horse winning that race, yet, just like at the time, he doesnt! Incredible. Poor Paul Carberry got dogs abuse but you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him find something off the bridle, which is exactly why he rode him the way he did. I'm gonna have to have another watch here, I wonder will the result change this time??? C'mon Harchibald stick your neck out!!!!!!  :)  Ach c'mon Hardy Eustace won again!!! I'll have yet another look.....................
  • edited March 2012
    I do Dunmidosh.

Won three pertemps and for a small trainer as well.

A legend

Father v
  • edited March 2012
    father do us a favour please can you post the naps table to see who is where please
  • edited March 2012
    Its on the first post of the Naps Table thread
  • edited March 2012
    Harcihbald won me money at kempton and i could not believe he lost the champion hurdle,he looked the all over winner till hardy eustace came at him lol.best champion hurdler has to of been ISTABRAQ,He made it look easy,pity Aidan o brien give up the nat hunt training.gl 4 chelt 2012 all
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham:
    i wonder if i'll ever see a race again like the 2005 champion hurdle, there is a painting of Hardy Eustace , Harchibald and Brave Inca all in a line over the final flight and I'm going to have to treat myself to it one day. Never big on art but this captures all the excitement from that marvellous race. I've had to go back and watch a clip of the race again once I saw this thread. Every time I watch it I cant help but be amazed at the cruising speed of bridle horse Harchibald, he has it 100% wrapped up , in the bag up the hill. Only one winner out of the 3 and its Harchibald. Even 7 years later theres only ever one horse winning that race, yet, just like at the time, he doesnt! Incredible. Poor Paul Carberry got dogs abuse but you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him find something off the bridle, which is exactly why he rode him the way he did. I'm gonna have to have another watch here, I wonder will the result change this time??? C'mon Harchibald stick your neck out!!!!!!  :)  Ach c'mon Hardy Eustace won again!!! I'll have yet another look.....................
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    I was on it Bell , I still wonder how many races it should have won!!! world beater everywhere but on the line.
  • edited March 2012
    who remembers a horse called mighty mogul and land afar dnt think they were really high class but 2 horses i love 2 see race think land afar ran in the champion hurdle few times came close 1 year but just failed and mighty mogul from what i remember was a class horse