You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thanks to all in Manchester

edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

Dear Friends.

I would like to add my thanks to eveyone involved in making yesterday in Manchester such a great time. This includes all the sky team who worked very hard to make this such a great event and were so friendly and approachable and to everyone who took part who made it such a warm and friendly day.

This was my first live event and I would like to say to anyone who is a bit apprehensive about playing live poker for the first time (like I was), this tour is the place to start, it's such a safe , fun and welcoming enviroment, come along and give it a go!

I'm very, very lucky to have finished 3rd and have had the opportunity to experience a final table but even if I had gone out earlier I would still have been raving about the day.

I really hope I can qualify for future events and meet up with the many friends I made yesterday.

Congratualtions to everyone who took part and all those who supported and a special congratulations to Dave, a worthy winner and really nice guy.

I'm looking forward to losing my winnings to the sky poker community over the coming weeks/months!

Thanks again.
Kevin

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Well done on your third place, not a bad chunk of change for your first time live.
  • edited November 2009

Kevin

Well done on the 3rd place finish. Was a pleasure to meet you yesterday, chatting to yourself at that first table really helped steady the initial nerves (being a first timer too). Just a shame I went out so early. Hope to make some more legs of the tour and see you there.

Jason

• edited November 2009

You, Sir, did GREAT.

Not only finished 3rd, but "got it" perfectly, as to the mood, & spirit, of the SPT, & poker.

I've never seen a better spirited Final Table. Outdraw after outdraw, but everyone lost & won with dignity, as grown ups should, & there more more handshakes & warmth than I've ever seen at a Final Table.

Respect to every one of you. You guys were the REAL November Nine for me.