You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Luck be 2 Ladies Tonight

edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
Had a great time in Manchester. A big thank you to all involved in the organisation.
If anyone reads these personal player journeys...here goes.
Sat down at 2pm with a decent bunch. My table included Ryan Day (snooker player) and _Gruntpig_ (winner last year in Swansea) and TheSaw. First hand saw Ryan Day lose about half his stack to the grunter, and our table had the first out after about 20 minutes. The guy on my left raised pre with 10 10. Called by 1 player. Flop 8 9 10. All in from the 10 10 - eventually called by Q 7 (both diamonds) hit his flush on the turn (and a 6th diamond for good measure on the river). 1 unhapper camper leaves the scene.
My stack built steadily, a notable hans was my BB (100/200 blinds) - dealt 7 5. 3 limpers. Flop KK5 check all round. Turn 5. I stick 300 in - 1 caller. River Q. I chuck another 300 in. Called again. My FH hold up, I asked the other guy if he had A - he says that he has a small pair (3s when pressed - didn't realise he'd already been counterfeited - oddly this was the Q7 caller from earlier). I knocked out Andy Selzer (former producer on Sky poker when I called his 3K all in AJ with my JJ - everything missed)
The seat next to me was filled and almost immediately vacated by a bloke low-stacked with 6 8.
A few minutes later it is refilled by one Richard Fishbox Orford. He actually played quite well with a relatively short stack - pushing me off a hand when we both missed the flop, but his short stack eventually left when his 87 failed to hit.
By now I had about 8000 chips from a high of 10,000.
I was then in an odd situation. On my BB I was moved table (saving 800 chips). I sat in for 1 hand at the new table before the whole table was broken up (bizarrely 1 player going to the seat I had just vacated). 2nd hand on my new table I was next to a bloke with about 5K in chips. He was all in pre-flop and I snap called with QQ. All folded round and he flipped over 88. Flop 7 9 10. Turn 6, and that's me just about roasted. Didn't get the 8 for the chop on the river and I'm down at 2K.
Next hand I push with 9 J hoping for live cards, and walk into QQ. Needless to say, I didn't get the lucky straight and crashed out, still reeling from the 88 debacle (a bit of class from the player might have been to say "unlucky" or sililar, but he didn't).
Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I'll try again for other events. If I'm honest, I did find the blind structure a little quick, but when you want to get it all done in 12 hours that's necessary.
Congratulations to Sky and everyone who cashed on agreat event.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Well played.  Sounds as though you had a good run and your final hand was unlucky.  I feel a bit for the bloke who pushed with his set of 10s
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Luck be 2 Ladies Tonight:
    Had a great time in Manchester. A big thank you to all involved in the organisation. If anyone reads these personal player journeys...here goes. Sat down at 2pm with a decent bunch. My table included Ryan Day (snooker player) and _Gruntpig_ (winner last year in Swansea) and TheSaw. First hand saw Ryan Day lose about half his stack to the grunter, and our table had the first out after about 20 minutes. The guy on my left raised pre with 10 10. Called by 1 player. Flop 8 9 10. All in from the 10 10 - eventually called by Q 7 (both diamonds) hit his flush on the turn (and a 6th diamond for good measure on the river). 1 unhapper camper leaves the scene. My stack built steadily, a notable hans was my BB (100/200 blinds) - dealt 7 5. 3 limpers. Flop KK5 check all round. Turn 5. I stick 300 in - 1 caller. River Q. I chuck another 300 in. Called again. My FH hold up, I asked the other guy if he had A - he says that he has a small pair (3s when pressed - didn't realise he'd already been counterfeited - oddly this was the Q7 caller from earlier). I knocked out Andy Selzer (former producer on Sky poker when I called his 3K all in AJ with my JJ - everything missed) The seat next to me was filled and almost immediately vacated by a bloke low-stacked with 6 8. A few minutes later it is refilled by one Richard Fishbox Orford. He actually played quite well with a relatively short stack - pushing me off a hand when we both missed the flop, but his short stack eventually left when his 87 failed to hit. By now I had about 8000 chips from a high of 10,000. I was then in an odd situation. On my BB I was moved table (saving 800 chips). I sat in for 1 hand at the new table before the whole table was broken up (bizarrely 1 player going to the seat I had just vacated). 2nd hand on my new table I was next to a bloke with about 5K in chips. He was all in pre-flop and I snap called with QQ. All folded round and he flipped over 88. Flop 7 9 10. Turn 6, and that's me just about roasted. Didn't get the 8 for the chop on the river and I'm down at 2K. Next hand I push with 9 J hoping for live cards, and walk into QQ. Needless to say, I didn't get the lucky straight and crashed out, still reeling from the 88 debacle (a bit of class from the player might have been to say "unlucky" or sililar, but he didn't). Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I'll try again for other events. If I'm honest, I did find the blind structure a little quick, but when you want to get it all done in 12 hours that's necessary. Congratulations to Sky and everyone who cashed on agreat event.
    Posted by Eyeman
    Well it'd be nice to see how he plays a big stack, but it's never happened, & probs never will.

"he actually played quite well".  Best laugh I've had in ages, that.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Luck be 2 Ladies Tonight:
    In Response to Luck be 2 Ladies Tonight : Well it'd be nice to see how he plays a big stack, but it's never happened, & probs never will. "he actually played quite well".   Best laugh I've had in ages, that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Much as we deride his play, irt has improved.

He managed a,limp from utg with Aces which takes balls on a 10-seater. He nearly got 2 callers to his post-flop bet too - possible just over egged it.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Luck be 2 Ladies Tonight:
    In Response to Re: Luck be 2 Ladies Tonight : Much as we deride his play, irt has improved. He managed a,limp from utg with Aces which takes balls on a 10-seater. He nearly got 2 callers to his post-flop bet too - possible just over egged it.
    Posted by Eyeman
    So have Hull City. They are still useless though.