You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anything wrong here.?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Nl 50 HU, literally first hand with oppo.
I got a load of abuse in chatbox after this hand!!
I didn`t respond and just turned chat off, was oppo justified??
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxx Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £49.75
davelufc Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
  Your hole cards
  • J

xxxx Raise  £0.75 £1.50 £49.00
davelufc Raise  £2.50 £4.00 £47.00
xxxx Call  £2.00 £6.00 £47.00
Flop

• K
  • Q

davelufc Check     
xxxx Bet  £3.00 £9.00 £44.00
davelufc Raise  £8.00 £17.00 £39.00
xxxx Call  £5.00 £22.00 £39.00
Turn

davelufc Check     
xxxx Check     
River

davelufc Bet  £12.00 £34.00 £27.00
xxxx Call  £12.00 £46.00 £27.00
davelufc Show
  • J

xxxx Muck
  • K
  • J

davelufc Win Straight to the King £45.00  £72.00

Comments

• edited March 2012
    If this is your first hand with your opponent, I have one or two criticisms.

1) Checking the flop. I know you're afraid of losing value by betting at him and seeing him fold but when you check it to him you have to be sure that he's going bet it. If you had no reads on him, then you should just bet your hand. He figures to see this as a standard c-bet and since he called your pre-flop 3-bet he could certainly have something on this board. Checking could also allow a scare card to come on the turn, costing you value.

2) Checking the turn is bad since you got action on the flop and you have the betting lead. There's no reason to expect him to bet now and if we check we just lose value from draws he might still be willing to chase or one-pair hands that he is unsure about. Bet the turn for value. He's called on the flop, so he'll probably call a bet here too.

The river is fine and I like the aggressive play pre-flop with quite a pretty heads-up hand. If he's moaning, it's just because he lost. Ignore him.
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Anything wrong here.?:
    no u won
    Posted by naughton07
    Inspired first post. I look forward to your in depth analysis in future threads.

lol.
  • edited March 2012
    If this is your first hand with your opponent, I have one or two criticisms. 1) Checking the flop. I know you're afriad of losing value by betting at him and seeing him fold but when you check it to him you have to be sure that he's going bet it. If you had no reads on him, then you should just bet your hand. He figures to see this as a standard c-bet and since he called your pre-flop 3-bet he could certainly have something on this board. Checking could also allow a scare card to come on the turn, costing you value. 2) Checking the turn is bad since you got action on the flop and you have the betting lead. There's no reason to expect him to bet now and if we check we just lose value from draws he might still be willing to chase or one-pair hands that he is unsure about. Bet the turn for value. He's called on the flop, so he'll probably call a bet here too. The river is fine and I like the aggressive play pre-flop with quite a pretty heads-up hand. If he's moaning, it's just because he lost. Ignore him.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Pretty much summed up in one post.
  • edited March 2012
    If this is your first hand with your opponent, I have one or two criticisms. 1) Checking the flop. I know you're afriad of losing value by betting at him and seeing him fold but when you check it to him you have to be sure that he's going bet it. If you had no reads on him, then you should just bet your hand. He figures to see this as a standard c-bet and since he called your pre-flop 3-bet he could certainly have something on this board. Checking could also allow a scare card to come on the turn, costing you value. 2) Checking the turn is bad since you got action on the flop and you have the betting lead. There's no reason to expect him to bet now and if we check we just lose value from draws he might still be willing to chase or one-pair hands that he is unsure about. Bet the turn for value. He's called on the flop, so he'll probably call a bet here too. The river is fine and I like the aggressive play pre-flop with quite a pretty heads-up hand. If he's moaning, it's just because he lost. Ignore him.
    Posted by BorinLoner

Excellent response as always ty.

Some very good points you have made, defo lost value on the turn.

Advice is appreciated ,
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks for taking it in the way it's intended. I do worry sometimes that people will take my advice as attacks or insults.
    I think I'm spending too much time on these forums though. I've hardly played this week but I've spent hours writing about other peoples hands. Probably not very good EV. lol
  • edited March 2012
    not sure I'd 3bet pre readless, but dont see much wrong with it either. Prob make it a little bigger

bet flop for value. Its a much better line than c/r imo. raise bigger if you c/r

bet turn for value

bet river bigger

You want to play this hand for his whole stack which makes checking turn pretty bad imo