You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

people to watch out for

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxSmall blind  25.00 25.00 1845.00
xxBig blind  50.00 75.00 905.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

xxCall  50.00 125.00 3470.00
ClintonH83 Raise  250.00 375.00 1380.00
xxFold     
xxFold     
xxCall  225.00 600.00 1620.00
xxCall  200.00 800.00 705.00
xxCall  200.00 1000.00 3270.00
Flop

• J
  • J
  • A

xxCheck     
xxCheck     
xxCheck     
ClintonH83 Check     
Turn

• A

xxCheck     
xxAll-in  705.00 1705.00 0.00
xxCall  705.00 2410.00 2565.00
ClintonH83 Fold     
xxFold     
xxShow

xxShow
  • Q

River

xxWin Flush to the Ace 2410.00  4975.00

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Some kind of parallel universe - but a bet on the flop could have had you in business.
  • edited March 2012
    Hmmm... I'm not sure about the ethics of this post.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: people to watch out for:
    Hmmm... I'm not sure about the ethics of this post.
    Posted by Pysterman
    Ya, should be deleted
  • edited March 2012
    haha ethics!? what does ethics have to do with it?
  • edited March 2012
    I have to agree that this isn't right. You don't have to delete the post but you should at least edit out the players' names.
  • edited March 2012
    I have to agree that this isn't right. You don't have to delete the post but you should at least edit out the players' names.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Why? not doing anything wrong, just saying people to watch out for?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: people to watch out for : Why? not doing anything wrong, just saying people to watch out for?
    Posted by ClintonH83
    Bad etiquette/table manners!

Although on the flip side, imo, you've probably highlighted your own play more than the other players.

• ybyb
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: people to watch out for : Why? not doing anything wrong, just saying people to watch out for?
    Posted by ClintonH83
    why do you think its ok to try to give some people an edge over others?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: people to watch out for : why do you think its ok to try to give some people an edge over others?
    Posted by yb
    Hands get shown on the Sky Poker channel showing peoples play all the time so whats the difference here?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: people to watch out for : Bad etiquette/table manners! Although on the flip side, imo, you've probably highlighted your own play more than the other players.
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    I havent mentioned either players names once or slagged them off! Ive basically put a hand i was involded in and put people to watch out for meaning this is what kind of players im coming up against
  • edited March 2012
    First of all, this is in the Poker Clinic section. What aspect of your game are you trying to improve with this post?

Secondly, there's a difference between showing a hand with some 'unusual' plays and discussing the decisions in a constructive manner, and showing a hand purely for the purpose of 'naming and shaming' players you perceive to be weak so we can all 'watch out' for them. (Yes, you didn't mention any names explicitly, but the thread title along with the showing of the hand details pretty much did the same job.)

Thirdly, hands shown on the television are displayed with the consent of all the players. When playing at a "TV table" you implicitly agree to having your hand available to be shown on the Sky Poker channel. If you don't want your hands shown, don't sit on a TV table. And again, the TV analysts discuss the play. They don't show hands purely for the sake of highlighting individual players to make the poker community aware of them.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: people to watch out for : I havent mentioned either players names once or slagged them off! Ive basically put a hand i was involded in and put people to watch out for meaning this is what kind of players im coming up against
    Posted by ClintonH83
    I get what your saying.  But, by leaving the players names in the HH, you are pointing them out and the way they play. This is not a good practice, especially when you folded prior to the showdown.

As for Sky showing hands. They only show hands that have the TV icon next to them, unless requested. Players on these are fully aware that their hands could end up on show and be analysed.
  • edited March 2012
    First of all, this is in the Poker Clinic section. What aspect of your game are you trying to improve with this post? Secondly, there's a difference between showing a hand with some 'unusual' plays and discussing the decisions in a constructive manner, and showing a hand purely for the purpose of 'naming and shaming' players you perceive to be weak so we can all 'watch out' for them. (Yes, you didn't mention any names explicitly, but the thread title along with the showing of the hand details pretty much did the same job.) Thirdly, hands shown on the television are displayed with the consent of all the players. When playing at a "TV table" you implicitly agree to having your hand available to be shown on the Sky Poker channel. If you don't want your hands shown, don't sit on a TV table. And again, the TV analysts discuss the play . They don't show hands purely for the sake of highlighting individual players to make the poker community aware of them.
    Posted by Pysterman
    I cant help how people view my post.

Ive been kindly given alot of advice the last few days from people on this forum on beats ive been getting and had tips on the best way to play my hands and my headline is basically saying this is the people i have to watch out for.
    Ive not mentioned no names or slagged anyones play, you've made that view on the post headline. 

If its bad 'etiquette' to post hands then Sky Poker shouldnt allow hands to be posted

• edited March 2012
    baisally in a nut shell last week without advice from this forum i would of possibly called there all in with QQ thinking if they had an Ace they would of raised pre flop so my Queens are good. so im saying ive learnt and people will actually call you raise will nothing ie. people to watch out for
  • edited March 2012
    chintonh83 
    wotever. most of your hands posted your bleating and moneing about ak etc geting beat, get over  it and dont blame players for your bad look...if you pay ur money you take your chance..
  • edited March 2012
    chintonh83  wotever.  most of your hands posted your bleating and moneing about ak etc geting beat, get over  it and dont blame players for your bad look...if you pay ur money you take your chance..
    Posted by wayne1958
    and the point to you post is??
  • edited March 2012
    even if you dont think their are any bad ethics involved in posting this hich i would 100% disagree with you on...

what if they read this thread? they obv wont be happy with it and may even decide not to play on skypoker anymore, which would make the games you play in slightly tougher and you winning less money.

what if they dont read this thread and keep playing on skypoker but now from your post other regs are now intentionally trying to find these players to sit down with and play against them, taking their money before you can. the result: you win less money.
  • edited March 2012
    Gamblers luv a gamble.
  • edited March 2012
    even if you dont think their are any bad ethics involved in posting this hich i would 100% disagree with you on... what if they read this thread? they obv wont be happy with it and may even decide not to play on skypoker anymore, which would make the games you play in slightly tougher and you winning less money. what if they dont read this thread and keep playing on skypoker but now from your post other regs are now intentionally trying to find these players to sit down with and play against them, taking their money before you can. the result: you win less money.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    If they do read this post what problem will they have? Me naming them? Me slagging them off? No because ive done neither! All ive said was i need to watch out for people like this because they will call your raise with any 2 cards! Which im not lying about as its there for everyone to see. But if they decide to leave because of my post quite honestly im not bothered as im losing money to them anyway haha and if regs do hunt them down to play them good luck to them...they'll need it

Maybe i put the Headline wrong and shud of put 'people i need to watch out for'
  • edited March 2012
    Gamblers luv a gamble.
    Posted by mickgil75
    haha they do indeed
  • edited March 2012

I wonder if your that arrogant in real life, you've got top players and reg,s on this forum telling you that your wrong posting this type of post, and you say your not bothered well maybe these people wont be bothered to answer your posts in future I no I wont be reading then from now on.

• edited March 2012
    I wonder if your that arrogant in real life, you've got top players and reg,s on this forum telling you that your wrong posting this type of post, and you say your not bothered well maybe these people wont be bothered to answer your posts in future I no I wont be reading then from now on.
    Posted by wayne1958
    haha i am arrogant Wayne but if you look at other posts ive done ive thanked people for there help and advice.
    Dont really know what arrogance has to do with me explaining myself to people? people have posted there opinions on here and ive answered them so if that makes me arrogant well fair enough :)

Think ive wound you up a bit Wayne havent i? i like that ;-)
  • edited March 2012
    i dont think u get ethics in poker as that would imply integrity and honesty which would b strange for a game thats based mostly on deceptive manoeuvres lol, but i think what people r tryin to say is that posts on the forum should be constructive and purposeful so maybe in future u could perhaps add some inquiry into them only my opinion :)
  • edited March 2012
    got to agree here that the naming of the players in this hand is not really appropriate, also by posting a hand in the clinic, you should be looking for advice on how you could of played hands differently. 

this thread doesn't appear to do this and therefore I'm going to close it I've also sent you a PM