You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 BH final table problem..

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Looking at the stack sizes here(think i was 2/6)

Is it an insta call?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
davelufc Small blind  600.00 600.00 21213.50
frunkie88 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 4599.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

indy147 Fold     
linebacker Fold     
slowhors05 Fold     
beefy777 All-in  15511.00 17311.00 0.00
davelufc    

Comments

• edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 BH final table problem..:
    Snap call.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    i agree no probs snap call
  • edited March 2012
    The 3 players that folded had obv less than me. Ladder or aggro?
  • edited March 2012
    The 3 players that folded had obv less than me. Ladder or aggro?
    Posted by davelufc
    If you're laddering, it's usually because you're not properly rolled for the tournament in the first place. If you're playing a tournament, then 99.9% of the time, you should be playing to win. There are situations where laddering might be the right thing to do, but a £5 BH isn't one of them.
  • edited March 2012
    Think positive, you win this and you have a MASSIVE chip lead that should help you win the whole thing.

Oh and you only have 17bbs and AK so like Pingu says only being not rolled would make you fold here and if that's the case you shouldn't have entered in the first place.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to £5 BH final table problem..:
    Looking at the stack sizes here(think i was 2/6) Is it an insta call? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance davelufc Small blind   600.00 600.00 21213.50 frunkie88 Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 4599.50   Your hole cards K A       indy147 Fold         linebacker Fold         slowhors05 Fold         beefy777 All-in   15511.00 17311.00 0.00 davelufc ?       
    Posted by davelufc
    Hi dave

IMO Your not risking too much of your stack , wiil probably be in a race or better and may get BB in race with you so knocking two opponents out thus laddering nicely. Also table image will be there too showing you're willing to go in and not protect such a big stack. I'd definitely call as a no lose situation. Cheers

Steve

PS What happened anyway though result is irrelevant really.
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    There are some ICM questions here, which I assume is the reason for you asking the question. To address that as an issue we need to know alot more information including: Payout structure, total chips in play, stack sizes of all opponents, your reads on your opponents and your view of the chances of laddering into higher positions if you make this fold Vs your chances if you call and win Vs your chances if you call and lose... I'd also have to go and get a book for reference to give you an accurate ICM answer, lol.

That information could allow us to establish an equity value for this call. Without it, this is a simple call since we'll be a favourite against alot of our opponent's very wide shoving range, flipping against some and only behind to two hands.
  • edited March 2012
    I ended up folding in the end which i thought was right but i`ll never know!!

Raiser had been shoving a lot from different positions since joining the table but never got called so i`m not sure what his range was.

The reason for folding was there were a couple of players with very short stacks, needless to say if it had been them going all in then it`s an easy call. I really didn`t want to risk 3/4 of my stack at that point although most of you say i should have.

Heres the outcome anyway. Thanks for replies.
    beefy7771020001£38.25 + £28.86 Head Prizes + 30 League Points6 
    davelufc02£25.50 + £11.35 Head Prizes + 26 League Points4 
    slowhors0503£17.85 + £8.44 Head Prizes + 22 League Points4 
    linebacker04£12.75 + £6.94 Head Prizes + 18 League Points3 
    indy14705£10.20 + £5.64 Head Prizes + 14 League Points3 
    frunkie8806£8.93 + £1.88 Head Prizes + 10 League Points1
  • edited March 2012
    Wow, amazed you folded this.
  • edited March 2012
    you post 50nl hands and then you post hands that show you are laddering up in a £5 BH... wtf?
  • edited March 2012
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • edited March 2012
    you post 50nl hands and then you post hands that show you are laddering up in a £5 BH... wtf?
    Posted by NColley
    Sorry Mr exciting, I`ll post hands from the same level every time.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 BH final table problem.. : Sorry Mr exciting, I`ll post hands from the same level every time.
    Posted by davelufc
    I guess you didn't understand the meaning of my post.

50nl = £50 buy in (on standard tables)
    £5 BH - Ladder Up worth an extra few pounds? (from 6th - 5th)

If you are rolled for 50nl properly (~ 30+ buy ins) it's laughable that you are laddering in a £5 tourney.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 BH final table problem.. : I guess you didn't understand the meaning of my post. 50nl = £50 buy in (on standard tables) £5 BH - Ladder Up worth an extra few pounds? (from 6th - 5th) If you are rolled for 50nl properly (~ 30+ buy ins) it's laughable that you are laddering in a £5 tourney.
    Posted by NColley
    tis a bit strange
  • edited March 2012
    I ended up folding in the end which i thought was right but i`ll never know!! Raiser had been shoving a lot from different positions since joining the table but never got called so i`m not sure what his range was. The reason for folding was there were a couple of players with very short stacks, needless to say if it had been them going all in then it`s an easy call. I really didn`t want to risk 3/4 of my stack at that point although most of you say i should have. Heres the outcome anyway. Thanks for replies. beefy777 102000 1 £38.25 + £28.86 Head Prizes + 30 League Points 6   davelufc 0 2 £25.50 + £11.35 Head Prizes + 26 League Points 4   slowhors05 0 3 £17.85 + £8.44 Head Prizes + 22 League Points 4   linebacker 0 4 £12.75 + £6.94 Head Prizes + 18 League Points 3   indy147 0 5 £10.20 + £5.64 Head Prizes + 14 League Points 3   frunkie88 0 6 £8.93 + £1.88 Head Prizes + 10 League Points 1
    Posted by davelufc
    really?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 BH final table problem.. : really?
    Posted by 1267
    I think what 1267 means is that if he has been shoving alot of hands from different positions, this tells us that he has a wide range of hands for doing it. We don't need to see his hands to know this.

Of course he might just have had a series of big hands, but we make the assumption that he's doing it with a wide range since that will be the case most of the time.