You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

To call or not to call, that is the question.

Villain is down as a poor player, i have taken off him quite a bit in the few times i have bumped in to him.

Easy question, is this a call?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Claireee0405 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.06
triplem1 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £0.78
  Your hole cards
  • A

toddy23 Fold     
xCall  £0.08 £0.20 £6.50
DrSharp Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £8.44
Claireee0405 Fold     
triplem1 Call  £0.24 £0.76 £0.54
xCall  £0.24 £1.00 £6.26
Flop

• A
  • K

triplem1 Check     
xBet  £0.08 £1.08 £6.18
DrSharp Raise  £0.80 £1.88 £7.64
triplem1 Fold     
xAll-in  £6.18 £8.06 £0.00
DrSharp ???

Comments

• edited March 2012
    He doesn't often have AA, KK or AK as we'd almost certainly have heard about it pre-flop. If he has QJ or a very unlikely TT, then we're unlucky. KT, AT, AJ, AQ and a flush draw are all more likely than anything that beats you and there are lots more good hands than bad ones for you in his range.

Make the call, expect to be in front and if we're behind we tap the table and say nice hand. If we're beat, we've been coolered... Looks most like a flush draw.
  • edited March 2012
    Snap call and be very happy about it. 
  • edited March 2012
    He has a flush draw...your choice if u want to call! 
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: To call or not to call, that is the question.:
    He doesn't often have AA, KK or AK as we'd almost certainly have heard about it pre-flop. If he has QJ or a very unlikely TT, then we're unlucky. KT, AT, AJ, AQ and a flush draw are all more likely than anything that beats you and there are lots more good hands than bad ones for you in his range. Make the call, expect to be in front and if we're behind we tap the table and say nice hand. If we're beat, we've been coolered... Looks most like a flush draw.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Pretty much my thoughts on it. Just had a really bad feel about it and wanted to fold but i am glad that the general consensus was a call. I didnt like it to be honest but made the call to be shown 10,10 to give him a set.
  • edited March 2012
    It's very unlucky. So unlikely he has the case tens there. It would have been wrong to fold though.