You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

line check pocket Jacks out of posn.

Yeah, so just a line check please guys. Just trying to iron out a few creases in my game.

I had no notes on boris but do know i have seen him before so doesnt seem like he has ever been out of line. Not that it matters too much in this hand i dont think.

Pre flop, i thought about the 3-bet, but i am out of position and i am not going to like a good % of flops and would be betting in the dark. If undercards come on the flop then i can be more confident of continuing in the hand.

Flop, i am obviously checking to the aggressor and trying to keep worse hands in the pot. If i donk out there is a fair chance i only really get called by better if villain doesnt get out of line that often.

When it checks to the end, can i bet for value on the river? What worse hands am i getting value from?

Views on how i played the hand please.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DrSharp Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.45
tc99 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.20
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Maj Fold     
magpie70 Fold     
Jacksam Fold     
boris63 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £7.13
DrSharp Call  £0.20 £0.56 £8.25
tc99 Fold     
Flop

• Q

DrSharp Check     
boris63 Bet  £0.24 £0.80 £6.89
DrSharp Call  £0.24 £1.04 £8.01
Turn

• Q

DrSharp Check     
boris63 Check     
River

DrSharp ???

Comments

• edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    I prefer 3bet pre for value purely as on the button his range has to be quite wide even at NL8 (at least I know mine would include a mass of hands JJ is ahead of and I'm a nit lol).

Flop, turn fine.

River might bet myself as it looks a like an AK/AJ/A10 just cbetting minimum then shutting down (that's how I would personally play such hands), any Q is betting the turn unless they're insane and on double paired board Ax might well snap you off.

Not sure I like c/c unless they see value from Ax or maybe 99/TT.
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah pretty much as Dude said, I'm 3betting preflop with JJ. Flop and turn is fine.

I think you can make a small value bet on the river, but anything too big is only getting called by hands that beat you (assuming he's not a station).
  • edited March 2012
    V bet small, 52p