You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

great day in manchester

edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
i want to say thanks to the whole sky poker team who made saturday a fantastic day.. i didnt buy in to the community thing before saturday but it was terrific to see so many people playing poker and having fun

i had an amazing day.... i went out after moving in with ak suited for 10k and being slowrolled with aces... wasnt happy to say the least then went to play 3 card poker and turned 60quid into 300 and went home lol

all my skill and knowledge is in hold em, yet the only game i won was down to complete luck!!

great to put faces to names, and well done for everyone who participated in a awesome event.

Comments

• edited November 2009

I remember that hand AK of diamonds vs AA hand well!
    and it wasn't the last time he had pocket aces.. it was almost getting stupid the amount of high pocket's he was getting!
    Nice to meet you anyways

• edited November 2009

Eye-Rays & pieman were twins, real twins - great guys, too, especially the better-looking one.

I saw the slow-roll, too, in fact I saw the same guy do it several times. Last to act, holding Aces, & he dwelled up, & asked for a count! Ugh.

These guys dont realise how "not done" that is, & what it's like to be on the wrong end of a slow-roll, but it's ignorance rather than deliberate rudeness, in my opinion.

The other thing we saw a lot of was when there was an All-In & "on your backs" was announced. BOTH players should now turn their cards face up immediately. Waiting to see the other guys hand first is the height of ill-manners. And serves no purpose whatsoever, except to show lack of class. 

But a GREAT day, & great to see you & pieman. Proper dudes, both of you.
  • edited November 2009
    I genuinely believed that when an all-in was called, the first better showed his cards before the caller. I was ignorant of this convention - apologies all round (not that I did it as far as I know).
  • edited November 2009

Hi Eye,

There is a difference betwen the etiquette of who shows first in a bet & call situation, & dwelling up last to act with Aces.

What happens for some weird psychological reason, is that we prefer to see the other hand first. But "on ther backs" means just that. Turn 'em over! 

I'm not for one moment suggesting you were guilty of either, I hasten to add.
  • edited November 2009
    cheers tikay, ur a true gent.....ur sidekick rochard orford didnt do too badly either
  • edited November 2009
    think i did the not turning up straight away thing but i havent played lived before (not even a home game) and didnt know what should be done and actually forgot to turn then over at all for a while as it is done automatically online. apoligies if i offended anyone.