You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts on the weekend 7.00 Deepstacks

2»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    sorry kiwi--would have got my vote --but missed the thread--mad busy lately--well done lads--good one tikay and bernie
  • edited November 2009

Just a thought Kiwi.

If the change does not result in much-improved numbers for the Tourney, we are gonna look a bit silly, with liberal amounts of egg all over our faces.

So a little spamming on Sunday might not go adrift. (I don't think I'm around on Sunday, I may take a day off).

Good Luck, & I hope the change works.

PS - You do get up early!
  • edited November 2009

MESSAGE FOR KIWI

1) I have spoken to Sky Bernie today, & he confirms the switch you requested, & the Community voted overwhelmingly for, WILL take place this weekend.

2) By way of "thank you", Sky-Bernie has given you FREE ENTRY into tonight's Main Event at 8pm - the £12,000 Guaranteed £22 entry Bounty Hunter. PLEASE CONFIRM YOU ARE AWARE, either on this Thread, or via PM to either Sky-Bernie or myself. Be a shame to see it wasted if you were not aware!

3) So......(you know what I'm gonna say, I think). We really need the "switch" to work, so on Sunday, let's make a right noise on the Forum, raise awareness of the change, & see if we can get the numbers up. (I'm not sure yet whether I'll be Online on Sunday). If it fails, we are gonna look well daft, & "Sky Poker people power" will have taken a severe blow - as they have given us what we asked for, & voted for. We've talked the talk, now we've gotta walk the walk. ;)
  • edited November 2009
    To Tikay & Sky-Bernie

First of all let me say a great big THANK YOU for the free entry into tonights game it was certainly unexpected, I didn't start this thread expecting any sort of reward, I just didn't want to see the weekend deepies, especially the Saturday one to die.

As for your point about making the "switch" work this weekend my plan is to spend quite a bit of time on the forum over the weekend promoting not on the Sunday game but also the new Saturday "Offordable", I just hope Sky Rich is understanding and doesn't "do me" for spamming lol.

Just to get the ball rolling, any chance that either or both of you would be able to play in either, or both, of this weekends deepstacks, it might help to boost attendance if the players knew there was some easy pickings out there, sorry just kidding.

Steve
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Thoughts on the weekend 7.00 Deepstacks:
    To Tikay & Sky-Bernie First of all let me say a great big THANK YOU for the free entry into tonights game it was certainly unexpected, I didn't start this thread expecting any sort of reward, I just didn't want to see the weekend deepies, especially the Saturday one to die. As for your point about making the "switch" work this weekend my plan is to spend quite a bit of time on the forum over the weekend promoting not on the Sunday game but also the new Saturday "Offordable", I just hope Sky Rich is understanding and doesn't "do me" for spamming lol. Just to get the ball rolling, any chance that either or both of you would be able to play in either, or both, of this weekends deepstacks, it might help to boost attendance if the players knew there was some easy pickings out there, sorry just kidding. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Hi Steve

Now you know how I felt m8 ;), have to admit its really nice to know that the powers that be appreciate what you have done, as do we all.

If I remember tikay is thinking of taking Sunday off, but what would be a good idea methinks is Sky Bernie and Sky Rich and maybe even Sky Dave enter them, maybe with a bounty on thier heads to try to boost numbers?

May even help Sky Bernie stop wearing his fingers to the knuckles with typing for us lot for a few hours too ;)