You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was my bet sizing right??

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
not sure if i played this right or not, should i have bet less on turn??
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JANBOB Sit out     
hanfrey07 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.31
davent Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.29
 Your hole cards

amanda1983 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £2.74
beanie1 Call  £0.20 £0.46 £6.17
hohoho662 Call  £0.20 £0.66 £2.07
hanfrey07 Call  £0.18 £0.84 £3.13
davent Call  £0.16 £1.00 £3.13
Flop

• J

hanfrey07 Check     
davent Check     
amanda1983 Bet  £0.75 £1.75 £1.99
beanie1 Fold     
hohoho662 Fold     
hanfrey07 Call  £0.75 £2.50 £2.38
davent Fold     
Turn

hanfrey07 Check     
amanda1983 All-in  £1.99 £4.49 £0.00
hanfrey07 Fold     
amanda1983 Muck     
amanda1983 Win  £2.31  £2.31
amanda1983 Return  £1.99 £0.19 £4.30

Comments

• edited March 2012

I probably would of done the same, but im still learning so dont go off what i say lol

I probably would of bet the pot on the flop with 4 other players in and with 2 diamonds on the board and on the turn i would of done the same all in

but like i say im still learning so i might be wrong?

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: was my bet sizing right??:
    I probably would of done the same, but im still learning so dont go off what i say lol I probably would of bet the pot on the flop with 4 other players in and with 2 diamonds on the board and on the turn i would of done the same all in but like i say im still learning so i might be wrong?
    Posted by ClintonH83
    thanks for the reply, im still  a learner to.
    gl
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: was my bet sizing right?? : thanks for the reply, im still  a learner to. gl
    Posted by amanda1983
    If you would of bet half the pot on the turn it would of left with with 74p lol nothing is it so you might as well go all in IMO

if he would of had something he would of called so i dont think whatever you bet he was calling?
  • edited March 2012

the shove is fine, you cant do much else without saying your committed to the pot, no point betting weak n letting their possible draw get there cheap, if they have a decent part like top pair they will call

• edited March 2012
    You played the hand perfectly. In future, though, it would help if you also posted your reasoning about each phase of the play. This would allow us to tell you not only if you're making the right moves, but also if you're making them for good reasons.

This hand was flawless.
  • edited March 2012
    If I think my opponent is on a draw, jam, charge 'em to draw. On a dry board like that one, villain has almost certainly got a made hand. Because we're never, ever folding in a million years even if a diamond comes on the river, or a card that puts a possible straight out there, I think we have a choice between shoving turn, or betting small on the turn and putting the rest in on the river. I don't think either is wrong, it's opponent dependant, whatever you feel is going to get the most money out of your opponent :)

Absolutely nothing wrong with this shove though tbh,  played the hand well and UL your opponent didn't have a hand to pay you off with.
  • edited March 2012
    the shove is fine, you cant do much else without saying your committed to the pot, no point betting weak n letting their possible draw get there cheap, if they have a decent part like top pair they will call
    Posted by TINTIN
    thanks for the reply
  • edited March 2012
    You played the hand perfectly. In future, though, it would help if you also posted your reasoning about each phase of the play. This would allow us to tell you not only if you're making the right moves, but also if you're making them for good reasons. This hand was flawless.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    i just play it the way i thought was right, i raised pre as i think 99 is a good starting hand. i 3/4 pot on flop as i thought a pot size bet might make everyone fold. it was the river i realy didnt know how much to bet, but from what iv read in the post so far goin allin was an ok move.
    thanks for the advise
    mands
  • edited March 2012
    If I think my opponent is on a draw, jam, charge 'em to draw. On a dry board like that one, villain has almost certainly got a made hand. Because we're never, ever folding in a million years even if a diamond comes on the river, or a card that puts a possible straight out there, I think we have a choice between shoving turn, or betting small on the turn and putting the rest in on the river. I don't think either is wrong, it's opponent dependant, whatever you feel is going to get the most money out of your opponent :) Absolutely nothing wrong with this shove though tbh,  played the hand well and UL your opponent didn't have a hand to pay you off with.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    thanks evilpingu, very good advise.
    mands
  • edited March 2012
    havent read replies, but BUY IN FULL. Betsizing looks fine
  • edited March 2012
    Played well. You need villain to have a hand to call and it looks like he has got one after the flop. I like 3/4 pot bet on flop and that leaves you with less than a pot size bet to shove the turn. 

As GT says, buy in for 100xbb so when you do hit a monster you get maximm reward but i do understand you are only messing about so its fine. Nice hand.
  • edited March 2012
    Yep sit with max, reason being that these hands (when you flop the nuts) don't happen very often so you need to get as much as possible, sitting with less than £4 means you're actually losing money long term.

Hand is played fine.
  • edited March 2012
    i dont like to deposit to much as i play very little.
    thanks for all the advise and comments
    mands