You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

under repping had, now what?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
very good reg (1 of the top 3 in my opinion at this level). been playing a lot against this player and have probably very good notes on each others games. what do you think to my appro
WengeneSmall blind £0.10£0.10£19.40
debs7979Big blind £0.20£0.30£14.52
 Your hole cards

G00N3RFold    
FORDYCERaise £0.80£1.10£23.93
VINEY73Fold    
pod1Call £0.80£1.90£49.73
WengeneFold    
debs7979Fold    
Flop

• K

Bet £0.95£2.85£22.98
pod1Call £0.95£3.80£48.78
Turn

Bet £3.00£6.80£19.98
pod1Call £3.00£9.80£45.78
River

• A

Check    
pod1Bet £1.00£10.80£44.78
 All-in £19.98£30.78£0.00
ach to this hand and what to do on the river?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I'd raise turn for value.

Bet bigger on river and snap call all in.
  • edited March 2012

You have left his name in...

Ye i used to battle with this player lots when i played 20nl for a couple of months regularly.

I dont get your £1 on the end, unless it is to induce the shove in which case snap it off!

Your play is fine until the river imo where you need to make a proper value bet. if he is cleaver enough to c/r AAA or KKK here so be it. In fact hes the sort of player who could also have 45s!

EDIT.. u could raise the turn i suppose, but i prob wouldnt against an good agressive opponant because you are folding out his bluffs.

• edited March 2012
     Street by street.

Preflop: standard to take a flop in position with this sort of hand so no probs there.
     Flop: I like the call here to show some weakness when you are so very strong
     Turn: The board has now got a little bit drawy and this is your prime opportunty to get that pot built up with your big hand, because leaving it for the river is just losing value. So i would have liked to have seen a raise here.
     River: Just what is that bet all about it is ridiculous. If it gets flatted by a weaker hand then you have just lost value by betting so stupidly weak. As it is when he goes all in you have to snap it off else playing the whole hand in the first place is totally called into question.If he turns over a bigger set then so be it you have been coolered but he will turn over AK a lot here.

So i liked your play until the turn then i think you made 2 mistake on both the turn and the river. Playing these small pp you are looking at the implied odds when you hit. This means you need to be getting value for them when you do hit and i think on the turn and river you did everything you could to not get value here.
  • edited March 2012
    snap obviously if you under rep, if you under rep oppo over values

so oppo had AK :s

or lolz got you beat

don't get oppo check on river - if like you say oppo is very good :S
  • edited March 2012
    thanks for feedback, i did have him on ak aq maybe even qk, the river was a dream card and it was to induce, if he didnt have the ace ie qk i dont think i would of got even that tbf. 
  • edited March 2012
    ps fordyce, sorry for leaving name in, it wasnt on purpose.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: under repping had, now what?:
    thanks for feedback, i did have him on ak aq maybe even qk, the river was a dream card and it was to induce, if he didnt have the ace ie qk i dont think i would of got even that tbf. 
    Posted by pod1
    what did he have?
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: under repping had, now what? : what did he have?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     This is totally irrelevant hoggers as you well know, it is all about the line taken not the result
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: under repping had, now what? :  This is totally irrelevant hoggers as you well know, it is all about the line taken not the result
    Posted by Talon
    It's not irrelevant, i want to know what the villain is doing this shove with don't I.

I might go play some 20nl again soon, need to know what people are up to innit

• edited March 2012
    all looks fine apart from river which is just strange
  • edited March 2012
    looks ok up to river although you can make an argument for raising either flop or turn

river just bet bigger imo. I dont think you induce him to value shove light by betting £1 if he is a thinking player, but you may get him to bluffraise. His value raising range will likely stay the same as your bet looks suspicious and if you are b/c you nearly always have a big hand.