You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ facing 4bet vs Higher Stakes reg, 200bb's deep

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
nl50 - villain just sat down, no history we've never played before ( wasnt sure if this make him more/less likely to have a 4bet bluff range) anyway....

so goes something like this....

folded to Villain in CO

he makes it £2, im big blind with QQ, i make it £6.50, dude makes it ~£14.50....Hero..??

so anyway i flat flop come 10-3-2r - villain cbets £19 i CR to £39-he shoves i call, he shows KK...cooler

my thought process...villains 4bet range is likely AQs+ JJ+ (+maybe some bluffs), now if im prepared to 5bet+call shove (is this bad with QQ 200bb's deep?), is the above line better?

if i flat-CR+get it in any flop that doesnt have an A or K i at least get some cbet value from AQ, AK, JJ + his 4bet bluff range (although i lose value vs AK, but save £££ vs AK on an A/K high flop) +obv AA/KK but i was gonna get it in vs that anyway...

a mate of mine said im over-complicating things and that i should 5bet and put the tough decision to villain and be happy to get it in vs AK and if they show KK or AA HU in 6max its just a cooler, plus its probs EV+ from the dead money i pick up from him folding out his AQ/JJ/4bet blufff range AND also that i should 5bet to £40 leaving me £60 behind to make calling a 6bet shove mathematically correct vs QQ+/AKo/AKs...surely this is just circumstancial tho....plus 200bb's with QQ just feels...icky

is my mates logic better? 

how deep is too deep to stack off with QQ?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    kinda debating this myself when 200bb deep
    In general it would seem oppo's 4/5 bet range shrinks when 200bb deep or />
  • edited March 2012
    i dont think getting qq in pre 200bb deep is good  w/o history/dynamics.
    id prob c/c flop c/c turn, because he bets so big on the flop our minraise really doesnt look like a bluff because its such a large %age of your stack.
  • edited March 2012
    regarding the line you took,  calling is brob best in this spot, why are you c/r that board? you are allowing himto play the top-end of his range really well vs you, and making it easy for him if he has AK,AQ, bluffs etc,.. the only hand he gets a tough time with here is jj, and i think you are allowing him to fold it, readless (as is) i try to get to showdown , the turn can get tricky with this line, i mean he is unlikely to bet turn with air(~ak) ...could even be a fold on the turn as its a bit of a guessing game v unknown..

• edited March 2012
    pre fine, dont think  5betting is great readless 200BB deep

c/c flop, prob c/c turn as well
  • edited March 2012
    Don't think I'd be 5 betting pre either without history. May as well be taking your QQ and calling it 55 if your gonna do the 5 bet/call like your friend suggests because all you'll be doing is making him fold JJ. 

Post flop agree with others, you never get max value from the hands your still ahead of (AK/JJ) with that line. You would never get credited with a set either so never get a fold from AA/KK.