You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can we talk about the river plz

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
caught between getting max value and worried about fh. thoughts from turn onwards plz
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
stienSmall blind £0.25£0.25£52.13
sikasBig blind £0.50£0.75£83.51
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

pod1Call £0.50£1.25£45.97
MATTY1Fold    
ClungeFlikFold    
dntfukmofFold    
stienCall £0.25£1.50£51.88
sikasCheck    
Flop

stienCheck    
sikasCheck    
pod1Check    
Turn

• K

stienCheck    
sikasCheck    
pod1Bet £1.50£3.00£44.47
stienFold    
sikasCall £1.50£4.50£82.01
River

• A

sikasCheck    
pod1Bet £4.50£9.00£39.97
sikasRaise £11.25£20.25£70.76
pod1Raise £20.25£40.50£19.72
sikasCall £13.50£54.00£57.26

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Uch limped pot WHY LIMP??,

sikas could have anything if hes bad or perceives you as bad(its likely!! since you have tendencies of a fish ;)) he may call your river 3-bet with 8x (which is a mistake), or lower flush(marginal)....you'r 3-bet looks so strong,.. i would shove river rather than re-popping it small, shoving looks more like a desperate plea for the pot imo and might get called by the lower end of his range, but that's prob a bit spewy esp v a good reg......

On the river i would just call his c/r tbh........if he is a bad player then 3 betting small is fine you might even get called by a K lol

• edited March 2012
    firstly sikas is a very good player so this makes this a bit more tricky friom the turn imo

prob just call the re raise and hope
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: can we talk about the river plz:
    firstly sikas is a very good player so this makes this a bit more tricky friom the turn imo prob just call the re raise and hope
    Posted by barnsie
    this

• edited March 2012
    yeah, i played sikas enough times to know he is more than tricky. being bb and not been raised by me or anyone else its any 2 here. think there is only 7 hands im losing to though. 
  • edited March 2012
    When you 3 bet the river, you probably (/should) only get called by a house. imo your pretty much bluffing with your flush there.
  • edited March 2012
    Raise or fold pre, not sure why you'd limp QJs utg but maybe you have good reason.

Can bet a little less on turn but not massive probkem.

River in limped pot defo just flat raise.
  • edited March 2012
    flat the river raise

if your happy getting it in, then raise

probably prefer a flat

the way the hand is played I don't mind you raising for value but the only problem is once you do this, you can't fold to a shove
    If your raising for value on river again, I think I would prefer a shove and get called by 8x, fd's - the way the board runs out and played pre - makes this blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sikas in the bb could have anything so... but maybe you should have left out sikas last action because his range is weighted :S and may give you not the replies your after

raise pre and you may have some idea where you are by river ) or this fred may never have come to light with sikas folding 84o pre )
  • edited March 2012
    very close rancid, 82!!!
  • edited March 2012
    very close rancid, 82!!!
    Posted by pod1
    lol - ok surprised sika didn't just shove river on last action to him
  • edited March 2012
    sorry pod1, 

guess raise/fold pre, wouldnt ever limp

also just flat my original river raise, i could have a trip8's or lower flush, but once you re raise ur turning ur hand into a bluff (unless u think im calling a river 3bet with trips 8's/baby flush) - which im not btw, only ever calling a with a FH
  • edited March 2012
    sorry pod1,  guess raise/fold pre, wouldnt ever limp also just flat my original river raise, i could have a trip8's or lower flush, but once you re raise ur turning ur hand into a bluff (unless u think im calling a river 3bet with trips 8's/baby flush) - which im not btw, only ever calling a with a FH
    Posted by sikas
    Sikas why you flat on the end, why not shove - pod can't fold this unless he bluffing
    surely your not worried about bigger houses :S
  • edited March 2012
    raise or fold pre

flat river, although I think its really rare for villain to have you beat here when he checks turn. Only value hand I would expect him to show would be weak flushes, which may well fold to 3bet anyway
  • edited March 2012
    raise or fold pre, just flat his re raise on river even worst flushes having hard time calling your river 4bet. seems as though it could of worked out and ur not up against a FH as he just flats

RUN BETTER!