You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

25NL

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
($26.35) Hero raises UTG to $0.75 (Qs Qc)
($23.43) MP calls $0.75
($25.35) BTN calls $0.75
($30.77) BB raises to $3.00
Hero calls $2.25
MP calls $2.25
BTN calls $2.25

Flop: ($12.10, 4 players) 9h 3h 3d
BB checks, HERO bets $7.00, MP calls $7.00, fold, fold

Turn: ($26.10, 2 players) 6d
HERO bets $16.35 and is all-in, MP calls $13.43 and is all-in

River: ($52.96, 2 players) Ks

MP plays 60/18/2 - fishy weak loose
BTN plays 28/18/4
BB plays 24/16/4 - seems ok, capable of squeeze play but not big sample size
HERO plays 22/18/5

People think post-flop is played ok or should I have just 4b pre?

Comments

• edited March 2012
    In Response to 25NL:
    ($26.35) Hero raises UTG to $0.75 (Qs Qc) ($23.43) MP calls $0.75 ($25.35) BTN calls $0.75 ($30.77) BB raises to $3.00 Hero calls $2.25 MP calls $2.25 BTN calls $2.25 Flop: ($12.10, 4 players) 9h 3h 3d BB checks, HERO bets $7.00, MP calls $7.00, fold, fold Turn: ($26.10, 2 players) 6d HERO bets $16.35 and is all-in, MP calls $13.43 and is all-in River: ($52.96, 2 players) Ks MP plays 60/18/2 - fishy weak loose BTN plays 28/18/4 BB plays 24/16/4 - seems ok, capable of squeeze play but not big sample size HERO plays 22/18/5 People think post-flop is played ok or should I have just 4b pre?
    Posted by percival09
    Could you explain what the numbers mean here please
    Personally i 4bet, as played though i think post flop is fine the check worrys me but i still think its played fine.     
  • edited March 2012
    chest, waist and xxxx size oh, all in inches by the way :-)
    ps missed you percival.

• edited March 2012

It's fine innit?

Can check the flop, I prob would alot with the plonker behind.

Imposs for me to interpret really with very little experience of playing against good players/interpretting stats. 

Would expect his c-bet % on this flop to be really high though, esp if he's polarised pre. The only hands he's gonna continue with that he wouldn't cbet are like 88/77/66, maybe T's/Jacks depending on his flop reads on't fish......

Prob favour a check and do some calling :)

Your line is fine though imo. 

• edited March 2012
    Looking at it pre-flop, whats your reason for not 4-betting? Whats BB 3-bet percentage? Just on the stats you have to 4-bet here, it is prob best given situation(i would call if not for players behind), TAF is 4(not sure if it is TAF?) , then he is pretty aggressive, otherwise stats seem pretty average tbh, he may fancy the "dead money" in the pot, but its quite a strong play to 3-bet from the blinds into a UTG opener(but saying that you do look like you have been a little active).

as played, its sorta ugly 4 way to the flop! im not sure about the donk lead tbh, but you have to follow it up and stack off 100% by doing so, but you must be loving life because you get called by Huge fish and could easily have a 9x, heart draw, 1010 etc here.
  • edited March 2012
    like it all

pre, I dont think 4betting is great, we fold out his bluffs and make fish fold when we 4bet

postflop is good, just bet for value once bb checks. Dont agree he'll cbet a lot, I would think he gives up with anything less than ooop TPTK multiway
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: 25NL:
    like it all pre, I dont think 4betting is great, we fold out his bluffs and make fish fold when we 4bet postflop is good, just bet for value once bb checks. Dont agree he'll cbet a lot, I would think he gives up with anything less than ooop TPTK multiway
    Posted by grantorino
    Villain is rarely bluffing, he could easily have some Ax combos or some connected hand, if we get all folds pf by 4-betting as i would look strong i would not mind tbh, plus calling with qq with a fish behind is kinda bad imo, he is called a fish for a reason, he could have jj,1010,99,kq and other holdings that he will prob never fold pre with, pre is a great re-pop spot for that reason alone, dangers of calling is playing qq 4-way with a bunch of random hands is never profitable.

Playing qq passively with fish in the hand pre flop is a huge mistake, the 3-bettor from bb is a concern, but looking at his stats its an easy profitable 4-bet, always a +EV move btw, if he was playin 13/8 3-bet ~4% then i would just call.
  • edited March 2012
    my thoughts pre were that bb could be squeezing with fish in MP - but thought if it gets in I doubt he's got worse than QQ here

Also, when he checks I doubt he's doing so with any over pair so I just committ myself 
  • edited March 2012
    just to let you guys know he had quad 3's
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: 25NL:
    In Response to Re: 25NL : Villain is rarely bluffing, he could easily have some Ax combos or some connected hand, if we get all folds pf by 4-betting as i would look strong i would not mind tbh, plus calling with qq with a fish behind is kinda bad imo, he is called a fish for a reason, he could have jj,1010,99,kq and other holdings that he will prob never fold pre with, pre is a great re-pop spot for that reason alone, dangers of calling is playing qq 4-way with a bunch of random hands is never profitable. Playing qq passively with fish in the hand pre flop is a huge mistake, the 3-bettor from bb is a concern, but looking at his stats its an easy profitable 4-bet, always a +EV move btw, if he was playin 13/8 3-bet ~4% then i would just call.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Yeah , bb rarely has air with fish involved, he can be squeezing a good few hands that fold to a 4bet with the fish involved though. Even fish sometimes fold when it gets 3 and 4betted before it gets back around to them. Any value we miss out on against hands like TT by not getting it in pre is made up for by keeping the weak hands that improve enough to give us action postflop imo

Dont know how you can say playing QQ multiway is never profitable, especially with that spr. Dont know why you would be so happy to get folds when you 4bet either. 4betting will be profitable imo, question is whether its more profitable than flatting

Also on his stats, its a small sample, we dont have a 3bet stat (I think?) and also its not broken down positionally which would be pretty relevant in this spot
  • edited March 2012
    Don't forget if you want this hand shown on Thursday's live Poker Clinic show, make sure you post the hand ID and what tournament/table it's from!

Regards,

The TV Team