You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How can they call for the rest of their stack in this spot?

At this point blinds are 15/30. My stack is 2,410 and my Hole Cards are Pocket Jacks. Under the gun player has 1,620 and limps so I pump it up to 120. All other players fold and the limper calls for the extra 90. The flop comes down 2,7,10 rainbow. He checks so I bet 213.75 and he calls. I assume at this point that he has something like A,10 or A,7. The turn comes a King and is a fourth suit so no flush draws. This time he donk bets into me for 712.50 leaving himself only 573.75 behind. At this point I'm sceptical about his bet as I don't think he would bet his King that strong on such a dry board. I thought it looked like the perfect card for him to bluff at. I then shipped it in over the top of his raise. He dwells and then makes the call. I was shocked and a little pleased to see him turn over Q,2 off suit. The Queen obviously came on the river, or I wouldn't be posting.lol. I know his call was bad once I shoved, but, how was my play/bet sizing? I think now that he must have just wanted to gamble and I can't moan as its his money not mine, but I would like to know if I played it well and was unlucky, or if I gave him opportunities to bluff at me by not betting big enough on the flop. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham

Comments