You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sick of bad beats - later people.

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi,

I had so many bad beats over the weekend and I can only take so much.

At least 6 games on the run got beaten going in with the best hand.

It's gone beyond ridiculous now.

I'll see you lot next year, if I decide to return.

It has to be next year, because if I carry on like this I wont have any money for xmas!

thanks
Richard 

Comments

• edited November 2009

When they happen it's sickening but they happen here there and everywhere. I notice you don't blame it on the site or a fix etc so i won't tar you with that brush but there are a lot of people in your position that will immediatly say they are off to play elsewhere as it's all Sky Joker !!

This is the second thread i've commented on this morning over people deciding to take a break and in my honest opinion it can only be a good thing. Rest and come back refreshed -

When the Luck starts to swing your way im sure your take full advantage

Good Luck

• edited November 2009
    Bad beats, u know and i know its part of the game, but we both know there is only so much you can take.
    May i suggest you get christmas out of the way, really enjoy it, get all thoughts of poker out your mind.
    Come back fresh.
    I can leave poker any time when the beats are bad, and this will happen by next weekend if my bad luck continues at the tables.
    I would rather put £500 on a horse that i have 100% confidence in, than continue with 10 hours of pain for the same price. 
    Not with SKYBET tho, the worst value in town IMO when it comes to markets, sorry to say but SKY know 's its true.

GL to u m8. and your future.
  • edited November 2009
    We all know that bad beats are part of the game. We also know that it hurts when you seem to be on the receiving end so often. It's a good idea to take time out Richi, I've just returned to playing after a month off for exactly the same reason. It's true you come back refreshed, and the cards do seem to run better. But for how long i don't know yet. Best of luck mate, see you if you return.
  • edited November 2009
    that was swift rich! ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    yeah in my opinion a rest from poker is well needed.have a great xmas mate and hope you return in the new year gl
  • edited November 2009
    I had what felt like the worst run in history last year!
    Bad Beats were just coming and coming, no matter how I played. . . Have literally taken 10 months off, and am now coming back in, and in the few games I have played here and there, it feels good again!
    (Was playing for about 3 months solid around 10 hours a week)

Rest and take as a long a break as you think you need. . . . It does feel good to come back to it after so long. .
  • edited November 2009
    [ ] Bankroll management
    [x] Broke