You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hi guys

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
First: 22/3/2012
Last: 22/3/2012

Hi guys
My id is scouser19792 or scouserde (screen name ) i am through to the £240 buy in semi final from a £2 sat is there anything in my game i need to change when moving to high stakes tourneys

Comments

• edited March 2012
    no you'll be fine
  • edited March 2012
    lol am sorry couldnt help myself am sorry.

Seriously, just dont overthink it.  Your game will be where it is, there isnt time between to change it drastically if it good/bad avg whichever.

Enjoy it, play well, hope for some rungood.  But dont be intimidated, cant start off on a back foot.

I wish you the very best of luck/skill, whichever is your preference bud.

So easy to freeze in BI way above what we are used to.  Just play your best game.  Whatever the outcome you can be happy.
  • edited March 2012
    I'd say just play tight early doors, sus out the other players to work out who you can get easy chips from and also the ones that will give you trouble.

As the tourney progresses increase agression, and get in to a habit of raising a LOT from the CO/Btn usually minraise is enough and cbet a LOT. This will help you slowly build up and also at least stay in the fighting pack. 

Overall though run like god as a place in the Final means you're just one step from Vegas !

Good luck pal :)
  • edited March 2012
    No. You've obviously played well enough to get there, don't change what has worked so far.