You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Really messed this hand up

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Made a massive mess of this one. No reads on opponets but felt he showed his cards pretty much face up to me. I was actually considering folding pre. made the call and after that should of gone bust on flop but really did feel asif i could pinpoint his hand.

I was almost pot committed pre and probs made a bad fold. he showed me his hand after i folded.

As stupid as it sounds i should of gone bust here right?

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
rikclutts Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £29.20
Forest1975 Big blind   £0.20 £0.40 £30.87
Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q
nikkiandy Fold        
Chester85 Raise   £0.80 £1.20 £47.56
Page80 Fold        
Wacko90 Raise   £2.60 £3.80 £22.30
rikclutts Fold        
Forest1975 Fold        
Chester85 Raise   £9.00 £12.80 £38.56
Wacko90 Call   £7.20 £20.00 £15.10
Flop
Chester85 Bet   £20.00 £40.00 £18.56
Wacko90 Fold        
Chester85 Show
  • A
  • A

Chester85 Win   £19.00   £37.56
Chester85 Return   £20.00 £1.00 £57.56 

Comments

• edited March 2012
    He makes you for the hand that you have.  GF in principle. 

Kind of feel like it should be shove/fold pre tho, especially if folding this flop.
  • edited March 2012
    Dont call pre and fold on this flop.
  • edited March 2012
    you can prob fold pre
  • edited March 2012
    Is folding pre profitable in the long run? I was fairly sure he had monster so i guess i should of just laid it down, kinda hard when your holding QQ though!
  • edited March 2012
    If your calling to then fold on a flop with an A or a K on it then that's fine, but if your going to fold on a 8 high flop why call his 3bet pre? Did you put him on 88 or a 4? If not his hand hasn't changed.

Another way of playing it is just flat call him down the streets, if he has been a bit loose then you can let him barrell his stack off with AK / JJ / TT etc.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Really messed this hand up:
    If your calling to then fold on a flop with an A or a K on it then that's fine, but if your going to fold on a 8 high flop why call his 3bet pre? Did you put him on 88 or a 4? If not his hand hasn't changed. Another way of playing it is just flat call him down the streets, if he has been a bit loose then you can let him barrell his stack off with AK / JJ / TT etc.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeah i totally agree, in this situation i cannot call and fold on that flop. Should of laid it down pre or shoved it pre as i played. Or like you said, flat it and play it slower, probably still going bust, felt i had to 3 bet pre though, especially as i was on the button which widens my range a bit.
  • edited March 2012
    This reminds me of Scotty's comment on your other thread about how you can level yourself into stacking off - thinking "if he had THAT hand why would he make such a massive reraise"

For me, at these levels this is an easy fold without a lot of history with the player
  • edited March 2012
    3b/f QQ readless would be a bit meh, but its certainly better than calling a 4bet and folding a blank flop. I'd prob just get it in pre though
  • edited March 2012
    if you worried about a A or K flop then frankly get it in pre

readless probs just get it in pre