You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellite - Best Way To Play TT

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Forget the result, nothing I can do about that, do you think this is the best way to play the hand? I didn't wanna raise, get flatted and be reluctant to put the rest in when an overcard comes.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
9se7enTr3y Small blind   100.00 100.00 3915.00
wizzbanger Big blind   200.00 300.00 1460.00
  Your hole cards

DAIBOOT Fold        
bungle72 Fold        
Lambert180 All-in   3627.50 3927.50 0.00
NONRUNNER Fold        
9se7enTr3y Fold        
wizzbanger All-in   1460.00 5387.50 0.00
Lambert180 Unmatched bet   1967.50 3420.00 1967.50
wizzbanger Show
  • J
  • J

Lambert180 Show

Flop

• A

Turn

River

wizzbanger Win Pair of Jacks 3420.00   3420.00

Comments

• edited March 2012
    its close for be tbh, but have become a bit of an aggro monkey in these spots myself.

We have 18 bbs?  Do we believe worse calls?

Think we can make it 525ish and call off, but certainly dont hate shove.  Draw a line, get called, hold, be healthy again

Think there are multiple good lines, shoving being one of them.
  • edited March 2012
    Again no info on pay out structure which makes it tuff to give advice.

Again if there are loads left to bust and you're average then this is perfect play.
  • edited March 2012
    Ok working from memory here. Obviously you can see the blinds, I've mentioned on the other thread that there are 5 seats going, and 6th gets £44. At this stage I'm pretty sure there was 15 left. It was this situation which led to me being short, and practically didn't get a hand/spot til the end of the tourney.

Only hand I got, shoved AQs, called by AT and the board double paired so we split :(
  • edited March 2012
    If you had AA, what would you do ?

whatever u do, do the same

if you raise and get shoved on, are you folding

calling range of your shove and range that shoves over you is the same ?

dilema of what you do in the first place

so.......emmmmm...........

• edited March 2012
    Min raise and don't fold.

I believe 9seventrey is a good player? He should be capable of re-jamming over a late position opener with these stacks....

The big blind has 8xbb, so shouldn't peel pre, if he does we get it in on 90% of flops anyway.

Prefer a min raise to induce then snap call it off. 

Dunno what the buttons stack is, but doesn't really matter much.

Shove is fine too I spose. 
  • edited March 2012
    for me only a opinion i copuld min raise and fold this if some 1 with bigger stack has covered u its a sattelite and 1 -5 or whatever it is the same payout so its all about survival i caould get away from this aganist bigger stack but a smaller stack with say 10 bb i couldnt 
  • edited March 2012
    I know it's a satellite Donk but I personally don't see there's a way of folding this hand, short of me min-raising and it going, all-in, reshove all-in, and a call, then comes back to me.

If I'd have min-raised, then I'd have always been calling it off, maybe this would have been a better line to check (even if in this case it would make no difference). Looking back, open shove for 18BB does look a bit much and probably would have been better allowing people to think they could jam and possibly get a fold.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Satellite - Best Way To Play TT:
    Min raise and don't fold. I believe 9seventrey is a good player? He should be capable of re-jamming over a late position opener with these stacks.... The big blind has 8xbb, so shouldn't peel pre, if he does we get it in on 90% of flops anyway. Prefer a min raise to induce then snap call it off.  Dunno what the buttons stack is, but doesn't really matter much. Shove is fine too I spose. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Think this would depend if hero has been open min raising some as to if someone shoves behind and if it's a snap call
    I doubt even a good player if sat behind would shove if hero has only opened once in a blue moon

If you have been active enough then snappy snap a shove for sure, just needs to bear in mind who is sat behind and what their shoving range is versus your open

• edited March 2012
    depends on action on table if this a tight player going all in your flipping at best can this guy really shove with 99s or less ?
  • edited March 2012

open small and call it off

• edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Satellite - Best Way To Play TT:
    Ok working from memory here. Obviously you can see the blinds, I've mentioned on the other thread that there are 5 seats going, and 6th gets £44. At this stage I'm pretty sure there was 15 left. It was this situation which led to me being short, and practically didn't get a hand/spot til the end of the tourney. Only hand I got, shoved AQs, called by AT and the board double paired so we split :(
    Posted by Lambert180
    There are 6 hamsters on your table, so there must've been 16+, 11 or 12 :P