You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellite - Exit Shove - Better Than Previous Ones?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Again forget the result... talk about running bad :(

Table was REALLY aggro, so no joke virtually every single pot had been raised by the time it got to me, and I couldn't find a single good hand, or an unopened spot to stick it in, so was letting myself get alot lower as people suggested. This was the first unopened spot for ages and I figure my cards are probably live... is this a better spot that the likes of my exit shoves I've been posting recently?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
9se7enTr3y Small blind   150.00 150.00 3515.00
wizzbanger Big blind   300.00 450.00 6240.00
  Your hole cards
  • J

DAIBOOT Fold        
bungle72 Fold        
Lambert180 All-in   917.50 1367.50 0.00
NONRUNNER Fold        
9se7enTr3y Fold        
wizzbanger Call   617.50 1985.00 5622.50
wizzbanger Show
  • A
  • A

Lambert180 Show
  • J

Flop

Turn

River

wizzbanger Win Pair of Aces 1985.00   7607.50

Comments

• edited March 2012
    super aggro table and we are shoving 3bbs with J9off?

Tempting pos wise, but think is a pass
  • edited March 2012
    You don't mention how many left, how many get seats etc but in general I think this is fine.
  • edited March 2012
    Even with 3BBs and its unopened, you can still find a fold? Jeez I need to get my head round this satellite lark!
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Satellite - Exit Shove - Better Than Previous Ones?:
    You don't mention how many left, how many get seats etc but in general I think this is fine.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    12 left, so down to 2 tables of 6. There are 5 seats going and 6th gets £44. so still a while to go yet.
  • edited March 2012
    Yep in that case snap shove.

You're not silly though and realise getting this short means you need to get VERY lucky, so in future try to shove earlier, you mention not finding spots but blinding down to 3bbs is VERY bad and I'm sure you could have shoved at some stage earlier even with ATC.
  • edited March 2012
    Well people keep telling me I can let myself go lower before shoving, especially in a satellites and prior to this people we're raising annoying big, people kept making it like 3x so I basically had zero FE and junk hands.
  • edited March 2012
    if your shoving a 10 bb stack blind in LP in unentered pots consistently your not doing a lot wrong IMO..........

Alternative is no different.

(should see the abuse i get :P)
  • edited March 2012
    The problem was, there were literally no unopened pots, so where should I be rejamming. Can I still do that with ATC with 10BB?
  • edited March 2012
    The 22 hand you had 13bb so can go down to say 8-9 and still be safe but 3bb is a whole new ball game as now even when you find ya Aces and double up you're still in big trouble and are far from safety 15-20bb range.

I also appreciate the crazy structure these things have where late on the average stack is 5bbs or something similar so having 9 is not important but at this stage when a guy in BB has 20 and small has 11 the average must be higher than 6-7.

On the other hand if it's as aggro as you say just sit and wait for everyone else to bust lol
  • edited March 2012
    I think you've made worse mistakes in this sat than shoving this spot.....

Show some hands from the last 6/7 orbits, you can't get this shallow without a collision........
  • edited March 2012
    Dohhhhhh I really felt trapped in this one not being able to find spots. If you're up for it, I could show you some of the hands from previous orbits over  MSN or something and you could let me know if you think there were any spots to jam? As I said recently, I really need to work on my satellite strategy. The only thing I potentially could have done was 3bet jam with complete junk in LP when I had more like 8-10BBs

With regard to the worse mistakes, it was the TT v JJ that took my stack down to 1.9k when blinds were 100/200, then very shortly after they were 150/300 and it went rapidly downhill from there. I had one chance to double up whe n I got it all-in pre AQ v AT and the board double paired for a split :(
  • edited March 2012
    imo you MUST shove this hand. When called youre often gonna have a ton of equity against Ax hands and you absolutely cant wait for blinds to come round again
  • edited March 2012
    btw even in this worst case scenario he still has 16% equity in the hand
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Satellite - Exit Shove - Better Than Previous Ones?:
    Again forget the result... talk about running bad :( Table was REALLY aggro, so no joke virtually every single pot had been raised by the time it got to me, and I couldn't find a single good hand, or an unopened spot to stick it in, so was letting myself get alot lower as people suggested. This was the first unopened spot for ages and I figure my cards are probably live... is this a better spot that the likes of my exit shoves I've been posting recently? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance 9se7enTr3y Small blind   150.00 150.00 3515.00 wizzbanger Big blind   300.00 450.00 6240.00   Your hole cards 9 J       DAIBOOT Fold         bungle72 Fold         Lambert180 All-in   917.50 1367.50 0.00 NONRUNNER Fold         9se7enTr3y Fold         wizzbanger Call   617.50 1985.00 5622.50 wizzbanger Show A A       Lambert180 Show 9 J       Flop     8 6 5       Turn     3       River     2       wizzbanger Win Pair of Aces 1985.00   7607.50
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Lambert

Your m=2 (harrington) and looking at the other stack sizes you seem a way from the bubble or you may have left it with just a couple to get knocked out or so. However, you've only a couple more hds before you're in the blinds and this is probably as good as you're going to get.
    I'd have done the same though thats not saying much! All the best...
  • edited March 2012
    with 3 bb you going to get called with something and most would beat your hand espec if you sayin it an aggro table obv gutted it aces but if it wasnt it would have been some other hand that just beat you slightly your just b4 button so you got bout 3 hands to find a better hand than j9 off