You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Formula 1 vettel great value i think

edited March 2012 in Betting Chat
im not keen on formula 1 watch it now and then so people my think im wrong here but vettel won gran prix drivers championship last 2 years he was evs to win it this year he gets a podium finish in 1 race 3rd and is now 2/1 to win the drivers championship i am thinking of having a good bet on him to win it outright i want to here some thoughts please on what other people think before i place my bet i say big its only £20 lol a big ish bet for me mind

Comments

• edited March 2012
    My thoughts on Vettel? Stay well clear @ 2/1.

At this stage of the season, it's quite difficult to know exactly how quick each team is, but in Australia, the 2 McLarens looked quickest by quite a long way, and tbh, Vettel was incredibly lucky with the Safety Car to jump ahead of Hamilton into 2nd.

I reckon the Red Bull is a few tenths off the pace of the McLarens atm, and I don't think we've seen exactly how quick the Red Bulls really are compared to the Mercedes and Lotus in the race. We saw in Qualifying in Australia that Mercedes and Lotus are both going to be up there this season, and the Mercedes is going to be insanely fast at tracks like Spa and Monza (and I think they'll be up there in Korea, too) later in the season, so I wouldn't count them out either.

I reckon that Button @ 15/8 at this stage is a much, much better bet than Vettel @ 2/1. Button was dominant over Hamilton in the races last season, although Hamilton was better in qualifying, and if Australia is anything to go by, that looks like it's going to continue again this season, so I'd avoid Hamilton @ 11/4.

Both Mercedes drivers, are interesing. I don't expect either of them to win the title, but I wouldn't rule either of them out yet either, and at 25/1 and 33/1 respectively, you could definitely make an argument for sticking a couple of quid on both IMO.

PS: Check out the F1 2012 season thread, I'll be posting my tips on there throughout the season :)
  • edited March 2012
    I think if your going to back him anyway - now is a good time, although i,d maybe wait until the first practise rounds of the Malaysian grand prix

GL
    MP
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Formula 1 vettel great value i think:
    I think if your going to back him anyway - now is a good time, although i,d maybe wait until the first practise rounds of the Malaysian grand prix GL MP
    Posted by MP33
    I think the best time to back him would be before the first European race of the season. Generally, the teams don't develop the car much while they're out racing in Australia, Malaysia, etc, and bring a ton of upgrades to the first European race of the season, so I expect McLaren to most likely dominate the first 4 races, odds on them will shorten, and if you want to back Vettel, you'll get a much better price before the Spanish Grand Prix.