You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Those Guests - how cool were they?

edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

Dennis Taylor, Kenny Samson, Ryan Day, Steven Maguire - plus a few others - how good were they?

None of them got paid, though they were given a Seat, but what value they were, eh?

Most of them have been on the 'phone since then - "can we attend another SPT Leg?" - and if the Dates fit, you bet they will, if it had anything to do with me. (Which it has not).

For me, it was a big thrill to meet them, especially Dennis & Kenny (played for Brentford, did Kenny), & I think most of our players thought the Guests added something to the day.

Sadly, I was obliged to give Steven a warning - "English Only at the Tables please".

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Those Guests - how cool were they?:
    Dennis Taylor, Kenny Samson, Ryan Day, Steven Maguire - plus a few others - how good were they? None of them got paid, though they were given a Seat, but what value they were, eh? Most of them have been on the 'phone since then - "can we attend another SPT Leg?" - and if the Dates fit, you bet they will, if it had anything to do with me. (Which it has not). For me, it was a big thrill to meet them, especially Dennis & Kenny (played for Brentford, did Kenny), & I think most of our players thought the Guests added something to the day. Sadly, I was obliged to give Steven a warning - "English Only at the Tables please".
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have posted this on another thread, but Kenny Samson was on my starting table and he helped to make my day!

He was very chatty, friendly, and funny (he had over 150 jokes in his head he said) Well we  heard a good deal of them and also stories about his England days! Top chap!
  • edited November 2009
    It would have been great to meet Dennis, but I had to leave before his arrival :( I remember sitting up 'til 1am in 1985...!
    Having these guests along definitely adds something special. Try to get Phil Taylor and Steve Davis along to a future event :-D I owe Steve one, when I was a kid he signed my autograph book "To Elliot, phone home, Steve Davis". That blummin' film nearly ruined me at school lol