You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOVE OR CALL FLOP

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
been at table a while and been playing quite aggresive villian in hand has been calling me fairly light and has showdown hands such as top pair a bit.sure im ahead on flop just dont know what to do to get max value , please help

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
Ronniwin  Small blind   £0.05  £0.05  £4.77 
jonno555  Big blind   £0.10  £0.15  £4.80 
   Your hole cards  K 10          
bingo777  Call   £0.10  £0.25  £10.36 
jesusdog22  Raise   £0.40  £0.65  £22.37 
cartwrig11  Call   £0.40  £1.05  £20.01 
Typhoeus  Fold     
Ronniwin  Fold     
jonno555  Fold     
bingo777  Call   £0.30  £1.35  £10.06 
Flop
      K 9 10          
bingo777  Check     
jesusdog22  Bet   £0.70  £2.05  £21.67 
cartwrig11  Fold     
bingo777  Raise   £2.10  £4.15  £7.96 
jesusdog22  ??????  

Comments

• edited March 2012
    It's difficult to say without seeing the suits of the cards. If he is calling light I don't think putting him all in is a terrible move. If it is a rainbow flop then flat calling and 3bet shoving on the turn could work as well. Its a bit of a draw heavy board though so difficult 1 as your not really extracting maximum value you have to be warey of what the villan has here.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: SHOVE OR CALL FLOP:
    It's difficult to say without seeing the suits of the cards. If he is calling light I don't think putting him all in is a terrible move. If it is a rainbow flop then flat calling and 3bet shoving on the turn could work as well. Its a bit of a draw heavy board though so difficult 1 as your not really extracting maximum value you have to be warey of what the villan has here.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yeah sorry about the format it pasted in,shocking effort...i have unsuited cards and its a rainbow flop
  • edited March 2012
    In that case I think a flat call on the flop is fine. Re-asses on the turn, if its not a danger card (J or Q) then I expect him to lead out, by this time he is pretty committed to the pot so put him all in.
  • edited March 2012
    Jam it in his eye