You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What should my action be on river? what does villain have? 15/30p cash hand HAND REVEALED THANKS FOR

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
sigh then fold

Comments

• edited March 2012

Villain has been doing nothing exceptional, would seem to be quite abc. Can barely remember him raising my blind , I definitely think he has a hand to raise, but of course I have to defend...

I'm happy to call flop for pot control, then obv would have got all in on turn. 
    What should my action be on river ? what does villain have ?PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxSmall blind £0.15£0.15£29.06simonnaturBig blind £0.30£0.45£29.75 Your hole cardsQA   galioFold    thugster111Fold    rocco15Fold    canicall88Fold    xxRaise £0.90£1.35£28.16simonnaturCall £0.75£2.10£29.00Flop  107A   xxBet £1.05£3.15£27.11simonnaturCall £1.05£4.20£27.95Turn  Q   xxBet £2.10£6.30£25.01simonnaturRaise £6.30£12.60£21.65xxCall £4.20£16.80£20.81River  K   xxBet £8.40£25.20£12.41      
  • edited March 2012
    Think SB, even ABC, is opening a wide range of hands that we crush from the SB.

River lead is very suspect.  Cant see him just c/fing after hand has played out this way, really hard to distinguish whether is vb or blocker.

I do raise pre here, as doubtful SB gives us too much credit.  Flop raise or call is fine, but not for pot control imo.

River is ugly  Prob has 2hearts in hand, one pairing board, other being a J.

Just going to come down to reads whether its a call/fold.

So in answer to what he has: some paint heart combo AJh/10Jh, 10Qos, KJ, A9 /> or nowt.

Ugly though.
  • edited March 2012
    i would have to call river its 8 to win 25
    reasons being  your hand a bit underrepped (no3bet pre)
    villain can be barelling rvr thinking u cant have ak aq
    good price your being layed
    and to see his hand to make note for future ref
    cant win if u fold

so id call expecting to be beat over 50 percent of time but pot odds laying me enough for it to be profitable long term ( unless noted as a never bluffs abc total nit then i could maybe find a fold) 

• edited March 2012
    I'd prob 3bet pre

tough river spot, prob sigh fold
  • edited March 2012
  • edited March 2012
    it be a fold it seems like a standard move by a standard player as you described who has prob aj and just hit his str8
  • edited March 2012
    Opponent's hand was KK...  kind of annoying. 

I have difficulty finding the fold button in these spots in the heat of the moment. Thanks for replies
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: What should my action be on river? what does villain have? 15/30p cash hand HAND REVEALED THANKS FOR REPLIES:
    Opponent's hand was KK...  kind of annoying.  I have difficulty finding the fold button in these spots in the heat of the moment. Thanks for replies
    Posted by simonnatur
    ul but what you can take from that hand is the vill is willing to pay off if he hits something that can be beat there is always another hand another time when you know your winning think of it that way and it easier to fold i feel