You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 Hands, Good or bad decisions?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand 2, being on an action table dont think i ever 3x. Might be small but I 4x all my raising hands on an action table.

On flop, with one player leading, nd another re raising. I personally fold in this spot most of the time.

Comments

• edited March 2012

Hand 1) Had been grinding for a while now. Made 20 Bis in 3 days at nl20 than managed to lose about 13 in ONE day yesterday. Was 6 tabling for around 9 hours in total, really didnt feel like i played that bad but am no doubt wrong. Came on today feeling a bit better. This hand bugged me though, after posting a hand folding TPTK a few days ago didnt let it go this time and result was inevitable. felt asif i could of got off but turn bet was too big i think. Readless.

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    beamer1968 Small blind   £0.30 £0.30 £21.93
    blackbeltb Big blind   £0.30 £0.60 £24.90
    Your hole cards
    • A
    Wacko90 Raise   £0.90 £1.50 £29.37
    VINEY73 Call   £0.90 £2.40 £41.56
    AZZO_66 Call   £0.90 £3.30 £48.72
    xfoggyx23 Fold        
    beamer1968 Fold        
    blackbeltb Fold        
    Flop
    Wacko90 Bet   £3.30 £6.60 £26.07
    VINEY73 Fold        
    AZZO_66 Call   £3.30 £9.90 £45.42
    Turn
    Wacko90 Bet   £7.20 £17.10 £18.87
    AZZO_66 All-in   £45.42 £62.52 £0.00
    Wacko90 All-in   £18.87 £81.39 £0.00
    AZZO_66 Unmatched bet   £19.35 £62.04 £19.35
    Wacko90 Show
    • A

AZZO_66 Show
    • J
    • J

River
    • Q
    AZZO_66 Win Pair of Jacks £60.24   £79.59 

Hand 2 full hand now posted.

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    georfc Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £24.12
    matrixman Big blind   £0.20 £0.40 £25.75
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    FORDYCE Fold        
    Wacko90 Raise   £0.60 £1.00 £32.59
    FlashHarry Call   £0.60 £1.60 £14.10
    georfc Call   £0.40 £2.00 £23.72
    matrixman Call   £0.40 £2.40 £25.35
    Flop
    georfc Check        
    matrixman Bet   £2.40 £4.80 £22.95
    Wacko90 Call   £2.40 £7.20 £30.19
    FlashHarry Fold        
    georfc Raise   £4.80 £12.00 £18.92
    matrixman Call   £2.40 £14.40 £20.55
    Wacko90 Fold        
    Turn
    georfc All-in   £18.92 £33.32 £0.00
    matrixman Call   £18.92 £52.24 £1.63
    georfc Show
    • J

matrixman Show

River
    • Q
    georfc Win Straight to the Queen £50.44   £50.44 
  • edited March 2012
    Hand 1) Bet sizing is fine imo, i think you could get off it though.

Hand 2) Horrible spot. Cmr is v strong v two oppos. dunno what id do though
  • edited March 2012
    Hand 1 - AT is such an awkward hand, I've started folding it UTG because it's just so horrible to play OOP. I'd also agree with KKrippler about raise sizes, I generally go for 3.5x usually on action tables.

Hand 2 - Same thing with raise size pre-flop, I hate these spots on the flop...
  • edited March 2012
    I'm going to have to pick up on your bet-sizing too. I don't so much mind your pot-sized bets as long as you're doing the same with your bluffs and your made hands. This approach will mean that you'll suffer from big swings but as long as you're consistent this betting style shouldn't affect your returns overall. This might be why you can lose 13 buy-ins in a day and not think you've played badly. Of course big swings can impact on our state of mind and cause more big losses, so you've got to be psychologically robust.

The second thing I think needs addressing is something you say before the second hand:
    "Maybe should of raised flop bet but hated the flop two way tbh. Perhaps 4x or 5xbb pre i had been mixing it up."
    I think this is a problem if you're multi-tabling. Varying your opening-bet sizes will have effects on your table image and when we're multi-tabling it's very difficult to pick up on our opponents' perceptions of us and how strong or weak they perceive each bet-size to be. I think it's important to maintain a consistent bet-size when we're multi-tabling so we can trust the information we're getting at the table. Otherwise we're in danger of misinterpreting our opponents' responses because our bets don't mean the same to our opponents as we think they do.
  • edited March 2012
    both getoffable

and listen to Borinloner, consistant bet sizing has to be the way forward innit
  • edited March 2012

1- I fold turn pretty quick, dont really like cbetting pot either

2 - I might raise the donk depending on villain, as played fold

Varying your open size can be ok, once you dont vary it depending on hand strength (except v total fish). As Borin said though this may create perceptions (often false ones) among your opponents, so you need to keep track of this, especially hands that went to showdown

• edited March 2012

hand 1, need to think why you bet pot, what hands give you action
    equally if you check what hands get over valued
    you need some balance between value bets and bluffs

hamd 2 raise donk if oppo behind comes over the top then you can re think and maybe fold
    because you flat then you under rep your hand so with the raise behind now it's not too clear your behind but I just get me in and then sigh ) There are still hands that would raise this spot that you beat, would depend also if players are tight or loose passive - what are oppos calling pre with S: Stinks of J10 though

• edited March 2012
    Great advice guys thanks. Tbh I think my pot bet was more an after effect from the day before. I felt as if I was getting outdrawn countless times by pricing people in with half pot or just over bets. Now when looking at the hand I just couldn't put him on jj surely? What could I put him on there, 10 9? Set? Should of got away though. I suppose a smaller flop bet would of led to a smaller turn bet which would of got me off on turn if he raised.

Also I agrees with bet sizing, I guess there are arguments for and against mixing it up and keeping it consistent but mixing it up is probably making it harder for myself rather than my opponents.

On a good note I made 10 buy ins yest so was very happy with the recovery :)

Will post rest of hand 2 up very soon.
  • edited March 2012
    hand 1 ur cbets get u into alot of trouble because u are commited by the turn maybe should look at pre bets make them bigger get it down to 1 person obv wouldnt have changed much in this case but it would in hand 2

hand 2 good fold again i would at this level be making my pre much bigger try get heads up or take blinds a win is a win but i dont think you should flat on turn i would reraise to see where i stand