You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Interesting Spot. Most profitable play here?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
looks fine

whats oppo calling you down with to then bluff river, unless oppo thinks it's a vlaue bet
but yeah could be missed draws

Comments

• edited March 2012
    This was in the early hours, there had been some chat between a few players and tempers were flaring. So with this in mind here is the hand. Kind of a tough spot until you go through the possible hands i guess. Still whats the advice here? Will Post up result in a little while im just interested in what everyone else would do!

Oh and maybe i made a questionable check on river. In this spot i thought i was miles ahead, i had seen him fire a few bluffs on the river before, only standard bet sizes though. I thought by checking i could get him to fire and by betting he would just bin most hands anyway. Is this a good way of thinking or stupid?

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    xTundra Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.70
    TK82 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £5.10
    Your hole cards
    • A
    davelufc Fold        
    Loosifer Fold        
    Wacko90 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £24.21
    MADMAC007 Call   £0.60 £1.50 £28.56
    xTundra Fold        
    TK82 Fold        
    Flop
    Wacko90 Bet   £1.13 £2.63 £23.08
    MADMAC007 Call   £1.13 £3.76 £27.43
    Turn
    Wacko90 Bet   £2.80 £6.56 £20.28
    MADMAC007 Call   £2.80 £9.36 £24.63
    River
    Wacko90 Check        
    MADMAC007 All-in   £24.63 £33.99 £0.00
    Wacko90 All-in   £20.28 £54.27 £0.00
    MADMAC007 Unmatched bet   £4.35 £49.92 £4.35
    Wacko90 Show
    • A

MADMAC007 Show
    • J
    • Q

Wacko90 Win Pair of 10s £48.12   £48.12
  • edited March 2012
    Villain was a moron, he just kept putting abuse in chatbox when a player lost a hand.

Seen it loads of times, some players bite then go on tilt ( must admit, i did bite but didn`t tilt ). These keyboard warriors are all living with their mum, in their late 30`s or early 40`s and with very few or no friends ,and because of the lack of social skills, they feel the need to interact with someone they dont know!!!!!

Cant comment on the hand fella as i was in it lol...
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Interesting Spot. Most profitable play here?:
    Villain was a moron, he just kept putting abuse in chatbox when a player lost a hand. Seen it loads of times, some players bite then go on tilt ( must admit, i did bite but didn`t tilt ). These keyboard warriors are all living with their mum, in their late 30`s or early 40`s and with very few or no friends ,and because of the lack of social skills, they feel the need to interact with someone they dont know!!!!! Cant comment on the hand fella as i was in it lol...
    Posted by davelufc

This ought to go into the dictionary as the official definition lolz :p
  • edited March 2012
    Normally i wouldnt call big allins/overbets with just ONE pair but i did with JJ as shown in that topic i created.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: Interesting Spot. Most profitable play here? : This ought to go into the dictionary as the official definition lolz :p
    Posted by AMYBR
    Thanks friend. ( who i dont know and never met )  looolz.
  • edited March 2012
    loz.  Am just broken into my thirties so I dont qualify :p
  • edited March 2012
    i would snap call aint anythin logical out there that he has looks like he was planning on doing that from begining of the hand if he has a hand it be a set and cnt really put him on tht. but unless he been donk calling with a3 then all he is is lucky but me personaly would call as i dont see what he could have as hes played it weird

will not be suprised to see him with set tho
  • edited March 2012
    looks to me like hes putting you on a draw, which you was on a draw but still hit quite big, if he had QQ KK or AA he would re raise your original bet, so rule them out, JJ is a possibility A 3 is another possibility if you know he calls raises light.......

Things to point out, you raise twice and when the flush doesnt hit you check, it shows weakness which gives him a chance to bluff the pot, so next time if you think your ahead then keep on fireing, if he had JJ he would re raise your flop bet because he would need to protect his hand, definate call to me :)
  • edited March 2012
    I would pass here, prob has something ridic like 44
  • edited March 2012
    I like the check to induce bluffs from missed draws line. 

I guess it depends on your read and how much he is steaming - your comment on the sizing of his previous bluffs seems significant to me
  • edited March 2012
    I'd call here, looks like a missed draw and a desperation shove. I'd play this hand exactly the same, the turn and river look like blanks, so a check induces a bluff from those keyboard warriors 90% of the time. I'm guessing as you posted it you were beaten but over time this is the right play.
  • edited March 2012
    looks to me like hes putting you on a draw, which you was on a draw but still hit quite big, if he had QQ KK or AA he would re raise your original bet, so rule them out, JJ is a possibility A 3 is another possibility if you know he calls raises light....... Things to point out, you raise twice and when the flush doesnt hit you check, it shows weakness which gives him a chance to bluff the pot, so next time if you think your ahead then keep on fireing, if he had JJ he would re raise your flop bet because he would need to protect his hand, definate call to me :)
    Posted by sillymunch
    He did that for exactly that reason, to show weakness so he would get a bluff. If the villian has got to the river and has nothing, he is never gonna call any sort of bet with junk, but he might bluff with junk if it's checked to him ;)
  • edited March 2012
    So thats the full hand. It really did seem like a tough decision at the time. Obviously the board was very dry so i couldnt put him on much here however i suppose if the draw had hit and he shoved i have to lay it down (obvs not flush in this case). I wonder how often these people actually turn over the nutz when shoving or overbetting river, surely this is more times than not?
  • edited March 2012
    with your reads I like it a lot
  • edited March 2012
    Id prob of done the same, actually had a similar situation an hour ago. (helps if u know the villain well)

EDIT: sry cant post that game lol
  • ybyb
    edited March 2012
    given your reads on his previous bluff sizes i think this should be a fold

normally when weaker players overbet like this their range is weighted really strongly towards nutted hands
  • edited March 2012
    Bet sizing is way too big on flop and turn your over betting the pot should be making it 3/4 here pot control is crucial.  On river im betting folding to a rejam.
  • edited March 2012
    Bet sizing is way too big on flop and turn your over betting the pot should be making it 3/4 here pot control is crucial.  On river im betting folding to a rejam.
  • edited March 2012
    Posted by bearlyther
    I think your misreading the hand i bet 1.13 into 150 on flop then 2.80 into a pot of 3.80 on turn :)