You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FT - 3 Handed - Is This A Call?

edited March 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hey All,

Final tabled a £2.30 bounty hunter earlier, just wanted thoughts on this hand. Only real info on the villian/table is that everyone had been playing pretty weak, I'd been raising near enough every hand 3-handed and had got a fold near enough everytime. Then the last few orbits as Dorano was getting shorter, he'd started jamming on me when I'd min-raised his BB. Had folded to his re-jam each time with junk except this time...

Cos I don't get much experience of Final Tabling I'm always unsure about the strategy I should be taking in situations like this.... should I be playing pretty tight and allowing the big stack to knock out the short stack, then I can take him on HU or should I be trying to steam roller them?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DORANO Small blind   150.00 150.00 5875.00
riches01 Big blind   300.00 450.00 17911.25
  Your hole cards
  • K

Lambert180 Raise   600.00 1050.00 11163.75
DORANO All-in   5875.00 6925.00 0.00
riches01 Fold        
Lambert180 Call   5425.00 12350.00 5738.75
DORANO Show
  • A

Lambert180 Show
  • K

Flop

Turn

River

DORANO Win Full House, 7s and 5s 12350.00   12350.00

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Don't play these tournys, they're terrible value. 

I believe if you win a £2.30 BH with 50 runners, the top prize is equal to the top prize of a £2.20 freezeout with 25 runners. So horrible. 

Standard minraise/fold here! 

• edited March 2012
    bet fold.  You have a solid stack, dont know why you'd call.
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: FT - 3 Handed - Is This A Call?:
    Don't play these tournys, they're terrible value.  I believe if you win a £2.30 BH with 50 runners, the top prize is equal to the top prize of a £2.20 freezeout with 25 runners. So horrible.  Standard minraise/fold here! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah I noticed while playing it how terrible the value was, 18 runners, I came 3rd and took two heads and only came away with about £5.50 or something, so just over doubling my money. Although a 1st place would have got me about £20 or just under. But yeah been playing a few of the small daytime tournies, but I think I'll stay away fro the BHs, it was only cos I went on the lobby and it was kicking off in 30 secs and I wanted a game. Game Selection FTW!

I like the £20 guaranteed ones with £1.10 buyin, that's  pretty good value and the standard of player is shocking.
  • edited March 2012
    bet fold.  You have a solid stack, dont know why you'd call.
    Posted by AMYBR
    I think (as is often my problem at these stages) I get too excited and am too eager to take a race and take it down.

I still think he was jamming on me with loads of hands I'd have liked to see, like QJ,QT, JT, T9, not too fussed about pairs 99 and under, even when I saw a rag ace, I didn't mind too much.

Is he not gonna be 3bet jamming pretty wide with his stack size there? Or should I just be avoiding calling for races without premium holdings at this stage anyway? Sometimes I think (and others have said it to me) that I'm too eager to take a race.
  • edited March 2012
    What are you hoping he has?  K9 or 99<
    Keep solid position.  Your calling 5425 into 6925 is it?  Pretty bad imo, no offense, especially when we are comfortable.

If pos it other way round is fine.  Am more than happy shipping over, but calling is obv diff.
  • edited March 2012
    What are you hoping he has?  K9 or 99< Keep solid position.  Your calling 5425 into 6925 is it?  Pretty bad imo, no offense, especially when we are comfortable. If pos it other way round is fine.  Am more than happy shipping over, but calling is obv diff.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Well that or QJ, QT, JT. Because of the number of times he'd re-jammed on me, he obviously can't have been doing it for value (as we  saw when he turned his cards over).

But I do completely agree with you, it was wrong. I had a lovely stack and should have easily found a fold. It's something I need to cut out, that I'm just way too up for a gamble. I'm sat there thinking, even if it's AJ, AQ, I'll take a 60/40 when I've got double his stack and will still be in the running even if I lose but I know it's a terrible mindset.
  • edited March 2012
    £2.30 BH's are fine as long as you play the big guarenteed ones, two key ones each night at 8.05pm (£600) and 8.45pm (£500), each usually get around £80+ for 1st which equates to ~32+ BI's plus the bounty's you pick up one the way it adds up. Of course playing the non-guarenteed ones is a very bad idea and get even worse with higher rake. so shouldn't even be considered.

K10 got to be minraise-fold, players are loose in these but won't normally have worse than you here, infact best you can see is 88/99.

• edited March 2012
    £2.30 BH's are fine as long as you play the big guarenteed ones, two key ones each night at 8.05pm (£600) and 8.45pm (£500), each usually get around £80+ for 1st which equates to ~32+ BI's plus the bounty's you pick up one the way it adds up. Of course playing the non-guarenteed ones is a very bad idea and get even worse with higher rake. so shouldn't even be considered. K10 got to be minraise-fold, players are loose in these but won't normally have worse than you here, infact best you can see is 88/99.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Cheers Dude, I might give them a go sometime. Although truth be told (as funny as this sounds), I really don't like bountyhunters lol. I was only playing this cos it was kicking off in 30 secs when I looked at the lobby and I wanted to play a cheap MTT
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to Re: FT - 3 Handed - Is This A Call? : Well that or QJ, QT, JT. Because of the number of times he'd re-jammed on me, he obviously can't have been doing it for value (as we  saw when he turned his cards over). But I do completely agree with you, it was wrong. I had a lovely stack and should have easily found a fold. It's something I need to cut out, that I'm just way too up for a gamble. I'm sat there thinking, even if it's AJ, AQ, I'll take a 60/40 when I've got double his stack and will still be in the running even if I lose but I know it's a terrible mindset.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Myeh dont know if i fully agree with this.....

Not at all, thought process is mostly ok, just try to be more concious of the price.
  • edited March 2012
    IF your 3  handed in a BH then your showing a profit so you want the short stack all in with any 2 really. K10 suited is well within my shoving range in this situation.
  • edited March 2012
    agree: but is calling rather than shoving, being the difference.
  • edited March 2012
    depends how often he is jamming. I prob fold
  • edited March 2012
    raise/fold no problem
  • edited March 2012
    Don't play these tournys, they're terrible value.  I believe if you win a £2.30 BH with 50 runners, the top prize is equal to the top prize of a £2.20 freezeout with 25 runners. So horrible.  Standard minraise/fold here! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1