You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table selection strategy for cash games

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
I know the standard advice, which is very good actually, is to choose tables that have a higher average pot as they are more likely to have loose aggressive fish on them. However, do you think that if you obtain a loose aggressive style, which I do sometimes haha, you are better off choosing a table full of nits with a low average pot for the table so you can attempt to just run them over??

Comments

• edited November 2009
      The best general advice on cash table selection is to play on a table that is opposite to your style.  If you play loose aggressive then look for a tight table because you will pick up so many uncontested pots, just be careful if a tight player comes back at you. Also as you play cash games take notes on your opponents, this shoulkd give you an edge over them on subsequent meetings. If you can find a table with 3 players you have notes on then as long as you bring your A game you should be quids in
  • edited November 2009
    Do you multitable?  If so, you cant be too choosy on this site if you play the same stakes, as there is a good chance you can be sitting at every table at that level at certain times of day.
  • edited November 2009
    Chers Talon that was good advice. I already take notes but I need to be more detailed! Yeah Mahony I do but not very many on here, 3 max usually and I know the selection isn't great. Usually play my cash on 'Stars where there's a wee bit more choice ;)
  • edited November 2009

I wouldnt play at stars or tilt if your looking for easy tables, unless your playing under nl10 or maybe  nl25 as the sites are full with pro low limit grinders.(most of them will have holdem manager or poker tracker and will be datamining your weaknesses.)

Party and titan are looser/easier........probably not as easy as sky though